6 weeks progress pics

Options
I don't post on the boards a ton, so I hope I manage to post a picture correctly..

Anyway, I've been at this since March 7th, down 15 pounds and 3 jeans sizes. I'm pretty sure these pictures are 6 weeks apart, I didn't take my pic on day one, but shortly after. My start was 205 and size 18 jeans my current pic is about 190 and wearing size 13 jeans.

08555203-1.jpg

Replies

• mamakayy
    mamakayy Posts: 36
    Options
    Gee, it's huge, if anyone knows how I can fix that, let me know!

Nevermind, figured it out! ;)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing and I see a difference in your hips totally. :happy:
  • NanoPacket
    Options
    Great Job!!! Amazing what 15 pounds can do :-)
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    15lbs down is great - you should be very proud of yourself@
  • Oops25
    Oops25 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What all did you do to lose 15 pounds in 6 weeks?
  • Justice2012
    Justice2012 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait till I lose 15 pounds.....you are doing great and it shows!!!
  • mamakayy
    Options
    Thank you everybody!

What all did you do to lose 15 pounds in 6 weeks?

Count calories...

Really though, i started out drinking ONLY water, and using MFP's 1270 net cal , which kicked the first 8 pounds off in like, a little over a week, then I've lost about 1.5 pounds/week since then...

I bought a fitbit on week 2, and since then base my calories eaten off of my burn calculated by it, I try to keep it to 500-700 cals under my burn for the day.

2 weeks ago, I started ripped in 30, and my loss has kind of slowed, but I'm hoping that's cause I'm building muscle and burning fat ;)
  • SlideboyxBrian
    SlideboyxBrian Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Really great job, a very noticable difference in the pictures.
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    nice job looking good :) do you eat your exercise calories back?
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're looking really great. It really shows through your mid-section. You have a really lovely shape going there. Good work.
  • deysha31
    deysha31 Posts: 11
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Totally amazing. Such a short amount of time, and the pounds may SOUND like just a few pounds, but looking at you--the difference is HUGE! AMAZING! WTG!
  • mamakayy
    Options
    Marylovehello: *kind* of... I think I go about it a bit differently than most...

Like, according to MFP, I'm set to 1300 cals, but my BMR is 1600 cals, on an average day, my fitbit shows a burn of 2300, which is 1000 over my MFP estimate, but on that day, I eat 1600-1800 calories. So, I'm sure to eat above my BMR, I've only had one or two days without a fitbit adjustment, and since starting RI30, I get another extra 300-400 calories through my HRM.. SO, I end up having more like a 2600 burn, and can eat 1900-2100 calories.
  • loGIJane
    loGIJane Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep it up!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Marylovehello: *kind* of... I think I go about it a bit differently than most...

Like, according to MFP, I'm set to 1300 cals, but my BMR is 1600 cals, on an average day, my fitbit shows a burn of 2300, which is 1000 over my MFP estimate, but on that day, I eat 1600-1800 calories. So, I'm sure to eat above my BMR, I've only had one or two days without a fitbit adjustment, and since starting RI30, I get another extra 300-400 calories through my HRM.. SO, I end up having more like a 2600 burn, and can eat 1900-2100 calories.

Great job so far...keep it up.
    Do you not wear your fitbit when you do RI30?
  • mamakayy
    Options
    I DO wear my fitbit, just to see what it gives me, but I get a higher burn when going off my HRM's calculations, so I use it, because hey, I like to eat more when I can ;)

Because the fitbit doesn't count say crunches or planks as "activity" while my HRM does, because my heart rate stays up, my fitbit adjustment for that time would average about 160 calories, and my heart rate monitor gives me between 375-450 for a RI30 workout.
  • shan51590
    shan51590 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! I am new to this site!!! And I am utterly addicted working out and eating healthy daily now....I even have an account set up for my husband and we are work out buddies and motivating one another!!!!!! You can see a noticeable difference and should be so proud....keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!! :))))))))))))))))))))
  • emily3_0
    emily3_0 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Were you hungry on just 1300 a day? That seems kind of drastic to me. I'm going for slow steady weight loss so I'm sort of trying to eat like the weight I want to be in stead of eating as a "diet". I'm done dieting. I want to make changes I can live with and sustain over the long run. Even if that means it takes a couple years to get to where I want to be. What do you think about that strategy?I set my calories to 1700 because I thought I could live with that long term. I'm NOT using all the credit calories I get from working out though. Am I crazy?

I practice Ashtanga yoga (like power yoga--very intense) 3-4 times a week for 1 1/2 hrs, I walk my dog daily at least 30 mins, and I'm doing couch 2 5k, so interval running 2 x a week for 30 mins. I think my exercise is in order. But it makes me hungry.

What is a fitbit?
  • mamakayy
    Options
    Were you hungry on just 1300 a day? That seems kind of drastic to me. I'm going for slow steady weight loss so I'm sort of trying to eat like the weight I want to be in stead of eating as a "diet". I'm done dieting. I want to make changes I can live with and sustain over the long run. Even if that means it takes a couple years to get to where I want to be. What do you think about that strategy?I set my calories to 1700 because I thought I could live with that long term. I'm NOT using all the credit calories I get from working out though. Am I crazy?

I practice Ashtanga yoga (like power yoga--very intense) 3-4 times a week for 1 1/2 hrs, I walk my dog daily at least 30 mins, and I'm doing couch 2 5k, so interval running 2 x a week for 30 mins. I think my exercise is in order. But it makes me hungry.

What is a fitbit?

Firstoff, yes, I was starving! Which is why I changed how I was doing things.. I couldn't survive on 1300 every day long term, no way. I have no CLUE why MFP's automatic calculations even GO below BMR.

Ok, so if I didn't have my fitbit and HRM, what I would have done when changing it first, use a BMR calculator to find my BMR (mine is 1600) THEN, I'd find a TDEE calculator, and make 2 calculations, one for rest days, and one for workout days, and I'd eat at 500 below (unless that drops below BMR, BMR is always, IMO, MINIMUM) My TDEE for that day.

I guess esentially that's a long winded way of saying, YES, I would eat my exercise calories, and NO I will not go back to 1300 calories a day.

The fitbit is like a fancy pedometer. It tracks steps taken, calories burned (based on BMR+activity for the day) , stairs climbed, and has a sleep tracker.
  • Kal_n_130
    Kal_n_130 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Woww that is a big difference :) you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!