my goal weight seems high

Options
ok so i am 5'7'' and my goal weight is 200. but in 2010 i weighed 234lbs and felt like 200lbs was right for me. i still feel like i would love to be 200lbs, but while im seeing everyone else GW way under that.. i dont know if i just dont have enough faith in my self or what... my CW is 285 and i still feel like 200 is my GW.. the last time i remember feeling decent about myself was when i was at 200. maybe after i reach that goal i will see where i wanna go..

Replies

• Jennifer873
    Options
    I think 200 is reasonable and from there you can always re-evaluate.

I'm 5'4 171 and I would love to just be 150! IF I get there I suppose at that time I will re-evaluate my plan.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Hi! I can relate. I am also 5'7" and I was 252, and i thought I would feel great at 200. and I did. but i felt even better at 190. then even better at 180. then better still at 170... i am just gonna see how fit I can get, and maybe not worry so much about the number when i get there!
  • KrystleKiri
    KrystleKiri Posts: 135
    Options
    Girl, don't stress it. I'm 5'9" with a goal weight of 175. I got a lot of responses saying that was too high, but I feel the same way you do about it. I was last truly happy at 175. Don't worry, do what makes YOU happy.
  • Livingbalanced
    Livingbalanced Posts: 84 Member
    Options

I'm 5'4 171 and I would love to just be 150! IF I get there I suppose at that time I will re-evaluate my plan.

Me too - I felt great at 150, so that's what I'm striving for again :)
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options

I agree...Just worry about your current goal and then if you need to re evaluate when you get there; just do it. You may feel great at 200 or you may want to continue on your path. Don't worry about that right now. Just stay focused!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I think it's much better to go for a goal like 200 and then to re-evaluate rather than pick a number based on someone else's idea of what you should be. Make a firm commitment to getting to 200 and be proud when you achieve it! You can, you know.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    5'5 and my goal weight is 155... most people my height are aiming in the 120s. I think I will be very happy with 155.
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people change their goals along the way. But I think you should stick to 200 for now that is a good goal (like the other posters also suggest) and when you get to 200 you will just see how you feel then!
  • Kal_n_130
    Kal_n_130 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about it. just worry about it when u get there, then if u want to lose more its not a big deal. I was 150, then got up to 185ish and my goal weight is 150, but my dream weight is around 120, so im just gonna shoot for that after i make it back to 150.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I believe that 200 is a great goal for you...you are currently 80 pounds heavier and that will be a huge accomplishment. We have all adjusted along the way, and you will too! Good luck!
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Doesn't seem high to me, especially when you think about the fact that a physically fit 200 lb person (muscles and lower BF%) looks completely different from an unfit 200 lb person.
  • aeanderson1988
    Options
    I am 5' 7" as well and they say that a healthy weight range for our height is from 120-150ish. But that means I have to lose 100+ pounds. So right now I'm aiming for 30 pounds to start with and then I'll go from there. You can do it!
  • Epetrovitch
    Epetrovitch Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Set your goal at a weight that you are comfortable with. Don't worry about what others are doing. This is your journey and you can change your goal as you drop the pounds. Be patient, log your foods daily, and gradually work exercise into the mix and you'll do great!
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'7". My highest weight ever was 286lbs. I started here on MFP last June at 257. I set a 60lb goal to get started (to get under 200lbs), but my UGW at that time was 160ish. I'm now at 181 and have recently re-evaluated my goal. I am now aiming for 143 (half of my highest weight). 200 lbs is a great goal to start with, but I have a feeling you will re-evaluate your goal as you close in on it. In the end, you're the one who has to be happy. If you feel great at 200, then that's what's right for you :)
  • Angelgirl040688
    Angelgirl040688 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    well tank yolu to every one.. i feel better now... i will stick with my 200lbs GW...
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    5'8 here.. goal weight is 170, and everyone thinks thats still huge :) I was my happiest there. I love curves, don't want to lose them.. just a little less wiggle when I walk.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    At 5'7", you should weigh between 125lbs and 160lbs. 200 is high, but maybe when you get there, you will realize you can go further.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    ok so i am 5'7'' and my goal weight is 200. but in 2010 i weighed 234lbs and felt like 200lbs was right for me. i still feel like i would love to be 200lbs, but while im seeing everyone else GW way under that.. i dont know if i just dont have enough faith in my self or what... my CW is 285 and i still feel like 200 is my GW.. the last time i remember feeling decent about myself was when i was at 200. maybe after i reach that goal i will see where i wanna go..

For now just continue:smile: what you are doing! When you get to 200, you can decide then to go on maintenance or keep losing. You should stop at the weight you are healthiest and feel the best.
  • Kaelaharrington
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my gw is 180 but once I get to 180 I want to set a new goal! So I don't think 200 is high and maybe when you reach it you will continue on your weight loss journey! That's my plan :)
  • Angelgirl040688
    Angelgirl040688 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i am the same way.. i love having curves i just wish i wouldn't joggle every time i move.... i do not by no means want to be skinny.. i want to be healthy...