has anybody not received full support from their s/o?

Options
When I was in the relationship prior to the one that I am currently in my S/O would emotionally abuse me. He would call me disgusting, and a whale all the time. Every time I would try to eat healthy or exercise I was mocked. I finally ended up breaking up with him and moving on with my life. Has anybody else had to deal with this kind of situation? how did you resolve it or are you still struggle with a similar situation?

Replies

• chelchelt
    chelchelt Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was in a relationship like this. My ex would verbally abuse me if I gained any weight. Calling me fat and disgusting. He would point out other women and tell me how good they looked and ask why I didn't. Becasue of this I developed an eating disorder. When i had a co-worker pat me on the back and say "Oh my god you're all bones" and started hounding me about my eating I realized I deserved better. I walked away from the relationship knowing I deserved better then to be talked to like that. When I left him I was only eating once a day and only eating chef salads.. When I started dating my husband (who had known me throughout the previous relationship) he would make sure I was eating right and eating when I should. We would walk together and when I got pregnant with our first child I was a healthier weight and looked healthy. Even now that I've gained weight after 3 children he tells me how beautiful I am and is supportive of my efforts to lose weight.
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    My ex told me not to loose weight
    Think she was a chubby chaser haha
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    When I was in the relationship prior to the one that I am currently in my S/O would emotionally abuse me. He would call me disgusting, and a whale all the time. Every time I would try to eat healthy or exercise I was mocked. I finally ended up breaking up with him and moving on with my life. Has anybody else had to deal with this kind of situation? how did you resolve it or are you still struggle with a similar situation?

My daughter's father - what a jerk.... towards the end of the relationship he made it very well known how disgustingly unattractive I was ... I had emergency C-Section surgery that left me bed bound three months prior and after with a really mysterious medical problem that they just couldnt pinpoint on what it was.. it created such a problem for me, I gained so much weight it was horrible.

His words were so very cruel... but... when numbnut came around to pick up his daughter for weekend visits, my then-boyfriend (my husband today), answered the door...... there were no more cruel words, sassing, verbal attacks... heheheheheheh

George, who has been with me for almost 13 years, told me he fell in love with me the way I was - just being me. He had showed up on my doorstep with a bouquet of peach roses and his sister was with him to play with my daughter.... he loved me at my worst, and he still loves me at my half-way point right now.

Now that I have an empty nest, I will never ever have to deal with that numbnut sperm-donor again..... My husband kinda misses the wonderful 'visits' - the looks on my daughter's father's face was PRICELESS! LOL!!!!
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I've never had to deal with this.

I just wanted to say I'm glad you've gotten rid of him and have moved on. People don't need to be abused like this. Find a person who treats you well.

Good luck to you.
  • PoeticDeLite
    PoeticDeLite Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've never had this, but kudos to you for kicking him to the curb and moving on!! Good luck on your journey!!
  • stephanieGbraswell
    stephanieGbraswell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you got rid of him. no one deserve that type of treatment. A good guy will support you in all your decisions.
  • leopard1989
    Options
    My ex was verbally mean to me about the way I looked. I wouldn't call it abusive, but it really hurt. At that time I was a lot smaller than I am now. Got a better man now, and I'm glad. We don't need people that doesn't treat us nicely :smile:
  • MandieN84
    MandieN84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My ex husband went to the extreme of locking the cabinets and fridge so I couldn't eat while he wasn't home to monitor what I was eating. He was not only mentally abusive but physically abusive as well. It took a lot for me to finally leave him but once I did I lost my first 60lbs! Since then I have remarried and had two boys 17 months apart so the commitment to weight loss has been a little slow going but I am finally on the right path.

For me once I learned how to love myself and that I mattered leaving him ,after being with him and the abuse for almost 4 years, was easy. It's funny the things we can do once realize we are worth better! My current husband is as supportive as he can be LOL. He is on the side lines cheering for me (he is by far my biggest fan) but not ready to hop on board the healthy train. I hope soon he will see he needs an eating make over but for now I just remind him how much fat and or calories is in whatever snack he is choosing to eat.

Anywho- Remember you can do anything you put your mind to! Good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yes. He did that when I tried to put my jeans on or anything like that. It grew worse and then he went from emotional to physical. We broke up and haven't talked in a couple years. I'm so glad I moved passed since I found someone ten times better who loves me at any size and supports me for who I am. It was the best decision I have ever made!

Good luck with what you do, and know that you deserve the very best in a partner and in life!