Options
2»

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Am I doing something wrong?

Yes, this:
    I've been staying as close to 1200 as possible and not eating the calories that I burn off (I work out everyday).

Either "eat back" calories or bump your target up to like 1600.
  • sherim71
    sherim71 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hun wanting to lose 5 pounds a week is unrealistic when you are in the "real world". That is Biggest Loser stuff when they are on the ranch and do nothing but work out under doctor care all day long. If you lose 1-2 pounds a week that is great and safe!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Kindly ask your trainer to stop giving people bad diet and nutrition advice.
  • jrev86
    jrev86 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you eating in your diet? Hitting the calorie mark and fulfilling the nutrients that your body craves to burn are different. You need to eat plenty of whole grains, greens...veggies, fruits, and proteins that contain omega 3s like fish and chicken. Avoid salts, more sodium less weight loss. Eating red meat should be only once a week and by adding it the one time, helps force your body to burn more. Enjoy one treat a week to build your metabolism. Just the one, so if it is a drink or that brownie....just the one and a small portion.

Now, be patient on the weight loss as well. You don't want to lose more than 2 or 3 lbs a week because the more you lose the more loose skin you will have. Drink plenty of water....hydration is very important! I can't stress that enough. Good luck on your weight loss journey! :)
  • omgzstef
    omgzstef Posts: 157
    Options
    Kindly ask your trainer to stop giving people bad diet and nutrition advice.

DING DING DING! There's no way someone of your weight should be eating such little calories, especially after working out/not eating back your exercise calories. I say, go to a different trainer who actually knows what they're talking about. Also, you're losing weight pretty quickly! Slow & steady wins the race :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You're metabolism is more likely coming to a grinding hault do to your low calories.

halt*

Really? That's the one word you decided to correct? *LOL* If you're going to go all grammar nazi, for the love of God, go balls to the wall.
  • omgzstef
    omgzstef Posts: 157
    Options
    You're metabolism is more likely coming to a grinding hault do to your low calories.

halt*

Really? That's the one word you decided to correct? *LOL* If you're going to go all grammar nazi, for the love of God, go balls to the wall.

Just died at this post. Hahahaha
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

halt*

I love you.
  • sherim71
    Options
    Hell I love the pic of the dog "***** I'm Fabulous" Frickin awesome cuz I think my dog thinks that!!!
  • sherim71
    Options
    OH , and her trainer got fired just a few days later guys. . .
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options

halt*

It was the only word he misspelled. I couldn't care less what anyone else misspelled. I like messing with my buddy Pu...
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I do have a fabulous shiny coat... so fabulous.

But seriously, your trainer is way off in setting that sort of expectation. Listen to your beloved MFP friends. They are wise. Two pounds or more per week is OUTSTANDING. Don't put too much pressure on yourself and keep up the great work!!
  • odusgolp
    Options

halt*

It was the only word he misspelled. I couldn't care less what anyone else misspelled. I like messing with my buddy Pu...

Enjoy messing with Pu...
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options

halt*

Enjoy messing with Pu...

hahahaha
  • bugsy2011
    bugsy2011 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    WOW! Be proud of your accomplishments. I think we are so hard on ourselves--ready to analyze why we aren't losing more when we have already accomplished a lot. You losing 26 pounds so quickly is really amazing. I'm at a plateau myself right now. I think trying different exercises and being patient is a key. Keep listening to your instinct , too. I have had trainers I trust and ones that didn't know a thing. Keep up the great work. You sound really dedicated and strong.
  • rachaeldab
    Options
    Thanks for the advice and encouragement everyone! I'm very new to this whole weight loss journey so I am still learning. I am definitely going to take your guys' advice on here and eat my 1500 calories. I do 45 minutes of cardio every day and I need that fuel! On average, I burn about 450 calories each workout. So eating 1200 calories was leaving me with a net of 750 calories, if not lower! Starvation mode, anyone???

I know somebody asked what I eat. I get 5 servings of fruit and veggies almost every day. Other than that, I eat a lot of yogurt (nonfat Greek is my fave), oatmeal 'sweetened' with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, Healthy Ones turkey breast, egg beaters, Morningstar Farms veggie sausage, low sodium v8 and lowfat cottage cheese. I try to stay away from carbs at night. Dinner it's usually chicken, ground turkey, chicken sausage (every once in while) and veggies. We used to eat a lot of red meat but we don't even eat that once a week anymore.

Honestly, the past few days I've really noticed a difference in my upper body. I have to be losing inches. After just 10lbs, my pants were fitting really lose in the thigh area and now the waists are getting to be too big.

I don't want to lose 5+lbs a week, I just wasn't sure if I *should* be losing more weight because of how much I weigh.

My trainer told me I could lose 100lbs in 6 months and I seriously didn't even know what to say to her. I'm not looking to do that! But you know when someone plants something in your head and you feel like you want to attain it? I was getting like that. Becoming obsessed instead of focusing on what's most important-my health.

Again, thanks everybody! I love MFP! :)
  • hawtmama1972
    hawtmama1972 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First of all Great Job! It's very easy to get excited with rapid weight loss and try to do it quicker by dropping calories...not smart. 2 Pounds lost per week is great and the best way to make sure it stays off which I'm sure is your ultimate goal..Keep it up! I'm at 250 right now but was 340 in 2005...maintained a 100 pound loss for 6 years but I'm tired of this weight...we can do this together!
  • amandadiamond90
    Options
    speaking only from my personal experience, the first 20 - 30 pounds comes off with little effort. i mean for the first couple of months it just seemed to just melt off of me. then u hit a plateau. or a metaphorical wall, and its so hard to lose weight. u r doing excellent. trust ur trainer he knows what he's talking about. i've been doing this since last October and u wanna talk about slow moving weight loss. it's tough. just keep going.
  • KGFitnessGuru
    Options
    If you don't like your trainer my suggestion is ask for a new one, or ask another trainer, they are great to have and I have had one. I've learned a lot and yes there are many out there that have many different views. If you are one to where you don't need someone right there to be with you.. heres the trainer I had and all are amazing people its online and cheap. Hitchfit.com they honestly care about everyone. But if you have questions they also will answer them for you..