ED Recovery Meal Plan?

Options
So my doctor told me I really need to hit the recovery hard now before college. I don't like my meal plan and was wpndering if anyone on here has a good one? Just trying to get ideas. Thanks.

Replies

• ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Your doctor is really the best person to ask. They will understand your condition and your needs and should be more than happy to help you find a workable road to recovery. Having been through a lot of doctors in my life, I definitely understand not wanting to bother or question them and take care of things on my own, but I've learned that they don't see it that way (and if they do, find a different one). Your health and your life are worth asking an expert familiar with your personal case rather than relying on laypersons online (well-meaning as we may be).
  • loves_jc
    loves_jc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Your doctor is really the best person to ask. They will understand your condition and your needs and should be more than happy to help you find a workable road to recovery. Having been through a lot of doctors in my life, I definitely understand not wanting to bother or question them and take care of things on my own, but I've learned that they don't see it that way (and if they do, find a different one). Your health and your life are worth asking an expert familiar with your personal case rather than relying on laypersons online (well-meaning as we may be).
    Agreed
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Well, I agree with the two people above you who say your doctor is the best person to ask, of course this is true. No one here can substitute for your doctor's advice.

But - the OP is asking for advice about her meal plan, and I think we can safely offer some suggestions with the understanding that her doctors have the last word.

What don't you like about your meal plan currently? Is it the type of foods, or the quantity, or something else? Some specifics might help.

I am recovered - there are a lot of us here. There are also a LOT of non-recovered ED suffers on here using this as a restricting tool. Please avoid them if you are concerned about triggering.

My suggestions would be (without knowing your specifics, and again - NOT a doctor (that kind, at least)) - anything better than you were doing before is good. Don't try to follow a plan that pretends you don't still have food issues. Eating a normal calorie load might be too difficult right away, so just try to do better, and be patient with yourself.

Good luck, and congratulations for starting a recovery plan.
  • seamonkey789
    Options
    I would follow your doctors orders and get it taken care of.

I did not and almost had to have a blood transfusion due to anemia and I'm scheduled to have my gall bladder out in June