Wow...a surprising NSV for me!

Options
omma_to_3
omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
I've been working on C25K for over 2 months now. Not entirely sure when I started. I've been going slowly and repeating weeks. I started week 5 a long time ago, then ended up going back to week 3. I repeated that week a couple of times then did week 4 two or three times. I started week 5 again, and did the first two days twice each. Tonight I wanted to go running. I was going to do W5D1 again and then decided that I would try day 3 and see how far I got. Day 3 is where you run for 20 minutes straight. I knew there was no way I could do the whole 20 minutes, but I thought why not try and see how far you get? I've been avoiding that particular day for a long time now LOL.

Drum roll please....I DID IT! I jogged the entire 20 minutes. I went slower than normal, but I did it. I went about 1.5 miles in that 20 minutes. I was huffing and puffing and tired, but I actually think I could have gone at least another 5 minutes. To say I was shocked is an UNDERSTATEMENT. I have NEVER run that far in my life. Ever. Just WOW.

Replies

• kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Great Job!!!!
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    thats awesome wonderful!
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Great ! I am trying c25k also. I'm repeating each week twice. I am at the end of week 3. I want to get to where you are :)
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!

That is a huge NSV!
  • benjfam
    benjfam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous! I HATE running, always have! The problem is that I want to like it! I have tried four times to try to running. I have failed each time. I just cannot run more than 2 1/2-3 minutes. Well yesterday I started what I call "Quest to enjoy running: Take five!". I am following a plan from a friend and am going to try hard to stick with it. She said this is easy.... Wish me luck. And congrats to you!!!!!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! I'm one week away from my first 5k and I've also been (loosely) following the C25k program. Go you!
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    I'm jealous! I HATE running, always have! The problem is that I want to like it! I have tried four times to try to running. I have failed each time. I just cannot run more than 2 1/2-3 minutes. Well yesterday I started what I call "Quest to enjoy running: Take five!". I am following a plan from a friend and am going to try hard to stick with it. She said this is easy.... Wish me luck. And congrats to you!!!!!

Good luck!!! I've never liked running. Never been able to do it. In fact, I remember when I was in 4th or 5th grade, at the annual track and field day, I decided to do the half mile run. I have NO IDEA why...I wasn't a runner and had never wanted to run that event before. Yeah, I didn't make it. Not even close. I was active and athletic back then, and only a tiny bit overweight. And I am now fitter than I was way back then. Yup, pigs are flying and hell froze over LOL.
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    That is AWESOME! I'm one week away from my first 5k and I've also been (loosely) following the C25k program. Go you!

My first 5K is in July. Maybe I'll have to find one sooner than that LOL.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    congratulations. c25k is on my list of things to do. i'm wanting to start probably in 2 or 3 weeks.
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What an awesome accomplishment.
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! And can I just say I love your username :)
  • rehtaeh78
    rehtaeh78 Posts: 90
    Options
    GO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    awesome nsv! 20 mins straight is very significant, and i'm glad you know it.
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    Congrats!! And can I just say I love your username :)

Thanks! I assume most people don't know what it means LOL
  • bostonmom23
    bostonmom23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!