question

Options
question, maybe one of you can give some input. I've lost 8 pounds in a week. The past 2days ive been battling awful headaches can they some how be connected? ( im taking water pills as my dr told me to, im having a problem with retaining water)
I just didnt know if my diet or something could be connect.

Replies

• shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't be connected.

Are you eating healthy?

Are you drinking your 8 glasses of water a day?
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Extreme weight loss most likely related to water reduction and not fat loss. It is common to lose big the first week or so... After that, the rate will most likely slow down. I doubt these are related but I suppose it could be.
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Yup, you need to drink more water. You not drinking the 8 glasses, and then you're taking water pills also.

My friends son hates water, and gets terrible migraines.
  • jakay_f
    jakay_f Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm trying my hardest. I've massive changed my eating. by the end of the day i just cant eat or drink anymore. i dont eat after 8pm.
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Have you cut back on soda or coffee? Could be caffeine related if you've cut back. Used to get headaches all the time when I stopped drinking soda. :smile:
  • jakay_f
    Options
    no i havnt not drank soda in over a month and i am not much of a coffee drinker. my main drink use to be water, milk and juice, ( thanks to the kids) I also dont drink energy drinks. i did eat a lot of Choc tho.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    If you've made extreme changes in your diet its probably your body detoxing itself of all the bad toxins from the "bad" foods you used to eat before (I don't know what you ate before, but majority of us didn't eat healthy until we got on here and realized what we were putting in our bodies). Its really common and you should start to feel better in a few days....if not I would ask your doctor.

Also a way to try to drink more water is to not drink it all at once, have a glass of water every 1 -2 hours, take the time to drink it over that period of time, it sucks at first but give yourself 2 weeks and your body will actually start craving water when you don't have your normal 8 glasses. The biggest problem people have with trying to drink more water is trying to drink too much in too short a period of time. I just bring a bottle with me everywhere and drink it throughout the day and getting 10-12 glasses is super easy!
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    If you are taking diuretics and lost that much weight you are likely quite dehydrated. When this happens the level of sodium in your blood can change quite a bit and lead to headaches. I'd be a bit cautious and make sure you are still taking in enough fluid.
  • Aquaduckie
    Aquaduckie Posts: 115
    Options
    Yes! That is totally related! (My DH is a doctor). The water pills can cause headaches. You need to increase your water intake to help with the headaches. It's not the diet, necessarily, but it is related to losing a lot of water quickly. How long have you been on the water pills?
  • jakay_f
    Options
    8days now