time to get serious

Options
Hi everyone!

I used MFP a couple years ago but didn't stick with it very long. I was just diagnosed with diabetes and hypothyroidism a couple days ago so it's time to really get serious and make some changes. The first thing I did when I left my doc office was download the MFP app on my phone!! I had no idea there was so much to the website though...like this forum! I'm really glad to find so many others here struggling with the same thing I am and willing and able to give support. I really look forward to getting to know y'all!!

Terri

Replies

• DropBeatsandWeight
    Options
    Whats up TLJackson. Glad to see you are back on here, and are going to make some positive changes. Stick with it. I signed up for MFP 2 years ago but just recently started actually using it.
  • MandieN84
    MandieN84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your weight loss journey! I have type 2 diabetes and it took me forever to get serious. Now I am serious and my diabetes is controlled by diet only :). You can do this!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Sorry that's what it took to get you back, but glad you made it back! Best of luck to you.
  • TLJackson
    TLJackson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all!

Mandie...that's awesome!! I know I'll get there eventually, but at the moment i'm still pretty overwhelmed. Congrats on your success though!! :happy:
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hi, Are you starting a new group? I am at that stage too...I've been on MFP for two years and have lost 16 lbs. I've been yo-yoing the same 5-8 lbs. for a year!!! I did have a scare...my doctor gave me 6 mos. to get my numbers in order...I am heading into pre-diabetes. My numbers didn't rise so I am okay, right now! I do need to work on diet. I would love to have some support from those of you who have been successful. Thanks for sharing.:bigsmile: