HELP! Anyone using a FITBIT in AUSTRALIA?

Options
babyworms
babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
The fitbit site only services the UK and USA from what i've seen, and i've read some stuff about how it DOES work in Australia... But i just wanted to know if anyone is USING one here.

I really need something like the fitbit as regular pedometers just DON"T work for me because I move my hips too much when i walk to compensate for back problems.

Thanks heaps in advance for your help!

Replies

• supratt
    supratt Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi, I'm in Sydney and I've been using a FitBit Ultra since Feb this year. I bought it from Amazon for about $100. It works fine - I have it linked to MFP and wear it all day. When I go for a run, I start the timer on the FitBit and then log that as an activity on MFP, so the calarories are logged specifically for that time period. The rest of the day's calories appear as a "Fitbit calorie adjustment."

I also use it to monitor my sleep. It works flawlessly in all respects and I thoroughly recommend it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

BTW, you just plug the dock into the USB port of your PC and the FB will sync wirelessly whenever you come within about 5m of the dock. You only have to place it on the dock for recharging every 5 days or so (and it only takes about 30mins to recharge).