losing weight everywhere.....except for my thighs?

Options
So today I weighed in and I hit my 30lb mark. Hooray! But anyways. I took a look at myself, and I can see a little bit of a difference in my stomach, my back, and my face especially......but I feel like my thighs are the exact same! Has this happened to anyone else? Are there any exercises that I should incorporate into my gym routine that will target them?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    unfortunately you cant spot reduce. just continue to do what you've been doing and the fat will eventually come off.
    in the meantime, to work the muscle underneath the fat you can do things like lifting heavy weights with squats, deadlifts, lunges and step ups
  • grainne_eire
    Options
    Since starting to use the stepper machine at my gym my thighs have started to shrink (finally!!)
  • llunchyka
    llunchyka Posts: 12
    Options
    Do you measure yourself? I didn't at first but then when my weight loss almost stopped and I started and it paid off. Thighs are my problematic area too. Especially the inner thighs. I've been doing some of JM's workouts and I think they help because most of the time you feel the thighs burning. It isn't much but I did lose an inch on both of my thighs in the last month.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    So today I weighed in and I hit my 30lb mark. Hooray! But anyways. I took a look at myself, and I can see a little bit of a difference in my stomach, my back, and my face especially......but I feel like my thighs are the exact same! Has this happened to anyone else? Are there any exercises that I should incorporate into my gym routine that will target them?

You might like The Butt Bible. Youtube.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    oh you are like me but i have lost everywhere but my lower tummy!~ so frustrating.. i am 5 lbs away from my goal and no change in the belly...
  • hellomeghan
    Options
    hmm I should probably start using the stair master. I've been using the stair stepper and it's done wonders to my calves, so maybe the stair master will have the same results on my thighs! hahaha
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    unfortunately you cant spot reduce. just continue to do what you've been doing and the fat will eventually come off.
    in the meantime, to work the muscle underneath the fat you can do things like lifting heavy weights with squats, deadlifts, lunges and step ups

best answer and i will second it.. no such thing as spot reduce and everyone stores fat different.. for me hardest spot was lower belly... had to cut AAALOTT to get rid of it..
  • icerafta
    icerafta Posts: 38
    Options
    I can relate. My drawers are getting baggy, I am always jerking up on my pants.
    My face is thinning ( no more double chin!!).
    My outer thighs are getting very firm, but my inner thighs are still soft as a wet noodle. VERY frustrating.
    I have severe osteo-artheritis in both knees so I can't do the treadmill, elyptical or run. I have been trying out the stationary bicycle but it still hurts my knees too much. I have started going to the shallow end of the pool at the gym and doing the Suzanne Sommers Butt Buster excersize and that is helping. I do want to find something more intensive, however, and I would love some advice. ALSO I have a lot of my weight on my very wide back.
  • Pippalea74
    Pippalea74 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I competed in a figure competition a few years ago and noticed my thighs were the last place to show reduction
    in inches. I did 45 minutes of elliptical in the morning and 45 minute bike ride in the evening. Of course lunged and
    squats. I did the double cardio 30 days out from competition day and dropped 2 inches from my thighs.
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    i recommend measuring yourself - i look at my body every day in the mirror and couldnt tell you what has changed unless i look at before and after pics, or measurements.

my lower body has always been bigger, but i noticed a huge improvement (took awhile!) in my thighs and butt after consistent running, spinning, squats, lunges and deadlifts. the strength training built the muscle to tone them and make them stronger, the cardio made me burn fat and eventually took it from where i wanted it to... its very true you cant spot reduce, just keep trying and you'll get there!