What the sweat?

Options
When I go to the gym I work hard...like really hard. Most days if I am burning between 800-1500 calories per my HRM.
This is kind of embarrassing actually.
I sweat...alot. Its usually after my 10 minute warm up. If I don't hit 150-165 HR, I tend to not have a high burn strength training workout. I don't care about the sweat around the collar, or even the back on my knees but I hate hate hate the sweat that goes down my back, eventually ending down the crease of my butt. I get a line right down the middle of it! LOL
Anyone else experiencing this? Are there any shorts/pants out there that will help with it? I am sick of going in the locker room and blow drying my butt a few times a workout session.

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Douglas Adams in his Meaning of Liff book described that as an "Elsrickle". :laugh:

Sorry, can't help!
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    LOL!! I sweat alot too... they have papwer towel in dispensers and when I am on a machine I have a load and just wipe the sweat off so ti doesnt build up loads... I have it streaming down my face!! and mid boob trickle, and the back! You are not alone! :bigsmile:
  • hameraa1
    hameraa1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Loads of people have bum sweat, just means your working hard. I wouldnt let it disrupt my workout.if it bothers you maybe a pantyliner would help absorb sweat, and maybe a pair of boyshort knickers underneath your bottoms?
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I sweat mainly around the face and upper body. Eye brows and a little body hair for the win lol
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Another with an efficient cooling system here! At y Monday night tri class (spinning / strength) I will literally have a puddle under my bike and take a spare shirt to change between spinning & strength.

I have learned to love my under armour compression shorts & tri shorts - the fabric wicks away sweat very efficiently and the shorts are plain black so no obvious butt sweat streak.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Yes to the black pants. I either use moisture wicking pants when I run or black yoga pants when I do the arc trainer/strength train. That way, when I sweat, you can only see the sweat on my upper body. Normally a nice sweat ring across my upper chest and a soaked back. Probably my only embarrassing sweat incident was after I did the arc trainer and the completed strength training by doing the curl machine, which is in front of a mirror. I had perfect circles of sweat around my boobs, framing them nicely. LOL
  • willismack2
    Options
    I display my sweat proudly. I am embarrassed if I don't sweat.