My very special NSV from my daughter

Options
tistal
tistal Posts: 869 Member
Had to make a quick run to Wal Mart for and as we were getting out of the car, my 8 year old daughter (who is also my biggest cheerleader) said "Mom, I think you are starting to get skinny now. Your butt is gone and your legs are getting skinny! Great job! You are gonna be super skinny by June!" I dont post in the forums very often but this one I had to share! Kids tend to be blunt, especially mine. It made me super happy to hear this from her, especially after the past year of her telling me I needed to lose some weight! LOL She is now picking out summer dresses and swim suits for me! :) I still have a ways to go but its nice to know what I have accomplished so far is noticeable!

Replies

• BeautifulButFat
    Options
    That is so awsome! My son just tells me im fat! Maybe one day i can here him say different!!
  • loves_jc
    loves_jc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That is so very exciting you go girl
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    i hear you. my oldest daughter is 14 now so she kind of minds what she says to me especially if i'm in a mood that i wouldn't handle it properly. but her moment when she realized that i was getting smaller was... i got ready for us to go somewhere where i wanted to look my best and she asked me if i was wearing my 'sucker-upper' (girdle type thingy) i said "no" ! she was quite surprised and i think she actually said 'good job' which is very rare for her.

congratulations on being skinny in your kid's eyes
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! She tells it like it is! lol
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    That's awesome :) Great job hot momma!
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    From the mouths of babes. :smile:
    Great NSV. Keep up the good work, and congratulations on being such a great role model for your little one! :drinker:
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    From the mouths of babes!!! Yes they speak the truth and that makes this a freaking awesome NSV!!!
  • amielizabeth1
    amielizabeth1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You know kids ALWAYS tell it like it is!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    awwww :flowerforyou:
  • darcie81
    darcie81 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    ;0) congrats!!!!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    My 13 year old daughter & "adopted" daughter laugh & tease me saying how skinny I am. They are not overweight by any means, but apparently it's cool to have "junk in your trunk" these days. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kinzytg
    kinzytg Posts: 42
    Options
    Your clearly raised a terrific young lady, so TWO successes to celebrate.
  • padraigin67
    padraigin67 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MrsLythgoe
    Options
    Thats awesome to hear!!

My dad told me he could see I was getting thinner now too!! Which is fab to hear from my dad who has always said 'you have to do it for yourself & you have to stick to it even if you put weight on, its a slow process' 'blah blah blah'!! I give up listening ha!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!