NSV - Broke the Binge

Options
driaxx
driaxx Posts: 314 Member
For the past couple of months, I haven't been able to come home at night without raiding the pantry - even if I was stuffed. It meant that every weekend would lead to a horrible binge. Everything in sight would be devoured, starting with the most unhealthy of things and working my way through.

I tried everything until today I realised that I would binge because I was in 'relaxation' mode on the weekend and I was subconsciously allowing myself to unwind and basically ruin my hard work throughout the week. On top of this, I come home tired and food is a distraction so I would start eating so I could put off thinking about all the tasks which I ignored over the weekend. This binge just made me more stressed.

Today however, has been the very first day where I stuck a piece of gum in my mouth as I walked through the door, drank some water and walked straight out of the kitchen.

It's so liberating - before I binged almost every Friday and Saturday night because it was a habit! Now I know I CAN avoid the pantry. It sounds so silly but now I know that I can actually DO it!

Next goal is a month with no binge!

Replies

• pinto_bean
    pinto_bean Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    What an amazing victory! Way to go!
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i know how this feels....sheesh i am battling the binge monster too but youre inspiring!! :D thats an awesome nsv girlfriend!
  • dfair1967
    dfair1967 Posts: 91
    Options
    Staying out of the kitchen is also my belief.
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I need to follow your example right away... I binge every night after work while making dinner
  • missykm7
    missykm7 Posts: 42
    Options
    Not silly at all! Great Job! :)
  • ArtsyHouston22
    Options
    Great job--keep it up! I broke the binge last night which is exciting since Fridays are usually especially bad for me. Weekends are typically a giant binge fest so I am nervous about my self-control this morning...gotta scoot over to the gym and continue Cto5k.
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I really appreciate your support! :flowerforyou:

For some strange reason I've always been skeptical about chewing gum, but it actually works as a great distraction so I really recommend chewing some while cooking/tempted to binge! Sometimes you just need to chew something.

Unfortunately I have to walk through the kitchen to get in the house!
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    WAhooo WTG!!!!
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Having the insight to recognize what's behind your bad habit is a huge nsv!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!