Over half-way there + 5k race! (pics!)

Options
KF1216
KF1216 Posts: 175 Member
January 1st I set my mind to losing my baby weight and getting in the best shape of my life. I had just turned 30 and weighed 211 and was miserable with how I looked. I've tried and failed to lose the weight before but this time is different - I'm in it to win it! I have tracked my food every day with MFP since Jan 1st (well, I did miss one day when my whole family was bed ridden with the stomach flu!) and have lost 27lbs so far!! My goal is somewhere in the 150-155 or possibly 160 so I am over half way there and feel great. I'm 5'9" btw. (ETA: apparently the 5k ruined my brain because 185 is not half way to 150, lol! Whatever though, I'm happy with my progress!)

Today I ran my first 5k and finished in 33:33 (my original goal was to be able to run a 5k in under 36min but more recently was shooting for under 34, so I succeeded!)

Pictures left to right are Thanksgiving 2011 - 215ish lbs, middle picture was March-ish 195lbs and then last week 185.
april20185lb.png

and, what the heck, here's a bathing suit pic - though I am no where near ready to be sportin' a bikini:)
185april.jpg
Thank you MFP!!!

Replies

• Michelled1919
    Michelled1919 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hardwork!!! You look great!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great - and you're an inspiration!

Want to do my first 5k in under 35 mins, and it's taken you...four months? Five?

I'm going to have had 8 months of running. I can do this.
  • ecgotfit
    ecgotfit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    awesome! congratss!
  • KF1216
    Options

Want to do my first 5k in under 35 mins, and it's taken you...four months? Five?

4 months? Though I didn't start running more than a mile at a time until probably mid February? I did the c25k part way a few times in the last couple of years but just got serious about it this year. When I decided I'd like to run a 5k my pace was less than 5mph, hence the 36min goal. Blew that out of the water though, eh?
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

4 months? Though I didn't start running more than a mile at a time until probably mid February? I did the c25k part way a few times in the last couple of years but just got serious about it this year. When I decided I'd like to run a 5k my pace was less than 5mph, hence the 36min goal. Blew that out of the water though, eh?

Indeed. I'm running at 5mph at the moment. Did my first run on Feb 20th, and could only manage 200m. Did my first mile on 12th April and two miles on 21st April. Since then, my two-mile PB has been decreasing and today I could only manage one mile before I had to stop. Not quite sure why, but I think by my first official 5k in October I should be able to consistently manage three miles and get it under 35 minutes. :smile: Thanks for posting.
  • KF1216
    Options

Indeed. I'm running at 5mph at the moment. Did my first run on Feb 20th, and could only manage 200m. Did my first mile on 12th April and two miles on 21st April. Since then, my two-mile PB has been decreasing and today I could only manage one mile before I had to stop. Not quite sure why, but I think by my first official 5k in October I should be able to consistently manage three miles and get it under 35 minutes. :smile: Thanks for posting.

you will nail that:) Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!