Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for friends with a fair bit to lose!

Hi there,

I'm having to change my ways for health reasons and I have about 4 stone (56lbs) to lose. I had more but I've lost 6lbs this week with what has felt like minimal effort so I'm feeling really positive.

If you are in a similar position to me, if you've had a bit of a wake up call and need to change your ways for the better and also have a similar amount to lose then do add me as a friend. I live in the UK.

Thanks!

Replies

• aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Well I have more like 100 to lose but its nice to meet you :)
  • I'm also in the UK - hoping to lose the same as you!
    GOOD LUCK
    x
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    hiya im in the uk too got about 30 pounds to lose but would love to lose 51 pounds (already lost 70+ pounds)
    add me if you want x
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 284 Member
    I have over 100 to lose so feel free to add me :) x
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Feel free to add me I still have almost 90 to lose.
  • Hi there! I just sent you a request. I too, have a fair bit to lose - now at 69 to go. I am new here as well and would love to communicate with others on the same life journey. We can do this!
  • asparagusnextleft
    asparagusnextleft Posts: 12 Member
    What a great response, so many of us in the same boat so to speak!

Together we can do this, although I'm looking at this as a lifestyle change now rather than 'going on a diet'. When I use the d-word I always feel doomed and depressed so no d-word this time :happy:
  • ClarkeEJ
    ClarkeEJ Posts: 155 Member
    I have lost 2 stone and have another 6 stone to lose. I also need support from lots of people. I am also in the UK xxx
  • dehaunch
    dehaunch Posts: 11
    Me too :)
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Add me too - i have around 100 to loose and also live in the uk.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Ive got about 90 lbs to lose..... friend me if youd like :)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    I've never been overweight in my life, but I went through some personal stuff about 3 years ago. Emotional eating has left me with about 80 lbs to lose. It's so much harder than I ever imagined. I could use all the support I could get.
  • I'm adding you now. I'm in the USA. I need to lose about 80 lbs. Anyone else, please feel free to add me. I can use all the support I can get! :-)
  • ednawhatnot
    ednawhatnot Posts: 93 Member
    I started here in Jan with over 100lb to lose. I'm nearly halfway there and have found MFP to be such a useful tool, never really had much success before because I always thought of a diet being a temporary state and wasn't prepared to make permanent changes. Hopefully this time I will get it off and keep it off.
  • LoveAustralia
    LoveAustralia Posts: 33 Member
    Add me :) I have 20 Kilos to lose which is around 44 pounds and probably even more depending on body fat percentage once I start to approach my goal weight!! GOOD LUCK!!
  • bella7966
    bella7966 Posts: 49
    Hi i have one hundred pound to lose and have always been a yoyo dieter. Really need to do this. I have already lost nearly 10 lb already and find this a cheaper alternative to weightwatchers. If any one wants to add me feel free and we can motivate each other. I am from uk also x
  • kimz1214
    kimz1214 Posts: 1
    Well I'm fairly new to this site. I've been trying to eat healthier and excerise daily it's a struggle though. So far I've lost aout 12 lbs which is great for me but I have a long way before I get to my goal weight. Please feel free to add me as a friend looking for people that I could relate to and give support too. :happy:
  • rowenaaitken
    rowenaaitken Posts: 48 Member
    82lb to lose, long way to go and will need friends. Hey :)
  • kells812
    kells812 Posts: 8
    The support here seems great! I'm just starting out and also looking for MFP support/friends to help with my journey. I have 100+ lbs to lose.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    65 to go easily probably more.