Just had a baby and need help

Options
Hi iv just had a baby and need help dropping a dress size but I don't know where to begin, and advice would be muchly appreciated

Replies

• bcr1559
    bcr1559 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Since exercise is pretty much out of the question right after you have a baby you really can only watch what you eat. Spent a couple days eating like you normally do and tracking everything you put into your mouth. After you get a good picture on where improvements can be made, you can start changing things. If you are nursing do not cut your calories way back. I cannot remember what my doctor recommended while nursing but I have a feeling you could call your doctor and get an answer to that question. If you have had the all clear for exercise, the stroller can become your new best friend! When my guy was a baby, I would push him for a couple hours almost everyday. Congratulations on the new bundle! And good luck with the weight loss.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Hi

Congratulations on your new arrival!!

You don't say exactly how long it is since you had your baby, but if its very recent, I wouldn't worry too much at the moment about getting back into pre-pregnancy clothes. Your body needs time to recover from what is such a major ordeal, plus you should enjoy cuddles with your little one. If you are breastfeeding, you will probably find the weight will come off naturally anyway, just be careful of the sweet cravings. I gave in to them then found it hard to stop once I'd stopped nursing, which is when I started to put on weight!!! In the meantime, get yourself out and about showing off your little one in its pram, that way you're getting a nice steady amount of exercise that won't put too much pressure on your body :flowerforyou: