"Ran" my first 5K NSV

Options
EricNCSU
EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
I've completed many 5Ks, and some longer races including an 8K, a 10K and a half marathon, but today I RAN my first 5K. I ran the entire time, no walking breaks. First time running the entire distance without walking. I knew I could do it since I had done 4 miles in my training, but it doesn't count until race day. Also set a time PR of 34:18, beating my previous time of 37:10 by 3 minutes, and a smoking fast first mile of 10:34, my fastest 1 mile time.

Replies

• Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congrats!!
  • arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!! Awesome NSV!!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Too bad you can't edit the title and take the quotation marks out. They don't belong there!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I've completed many 5Ks, and some longer races including an 8K, a 10K and a half marathon, but today I RAN my first 5K. I ran the entire time, no walking breaks. First time running the entire distance without walking. I knew I could do it since I had done 4 miles in my training, but it doesn't count until race day. Also set a time PR of 34:18, beating my previous time of 37:10 by 3 minutes, and a smoking fast first mile of 10:34, my fastest 1 mile time.

WTG Eric!!!

You will be okay now, not because you will suddenly be able to magically run without stopping to walk, but because you will now be more confident knowing (not just thinking) that you can run the whole distance.

You have passed a milestone and you will find out just how important as you now go about your training and enter more races.

Well done!!!!!
  • EricNCSU
    Options
    Nice work! Too bad you can't edit the title and take the quotation marks out. They don't belong there!

haha.. true... i meant that for emphasis.. maybe *ran* would have been better. LOL

Thanks guys, it felt really good, even knowing I could do it.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! :)
  • fruitloops313
    fruitloops313 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Fantastic !!! Congratulations :)
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! Got to love when you shave off 3+ Minutes on your best race time! things like this make all your hard work worth it.

I ran in my first Trail Half Marathon today. (Also my first half Marathon.) It's such a NSV. When you hit goals like running races, it does good healthy things to your self esteem and confidence. but not in a bad way. I am humbled by the experience, but walk way feeling like i can do anything when i set positive goals. Hope that makes sense. lol
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!!
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    WAY COOL..., keep up the fantastic work!
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    excellent job!! i'm doing my very first 5k next Saturday...just walking fast and jogging. you are amazing!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Now onto your first 10k of running!
  • hula808
    hula808 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thats AWESOME! I can't wait to be you one day ; )
  • EricNCSU
    Options
    Congratulations. Now onto your first 10k of running!

I've got a 10K in 2 weeks (May 12th) so we'll see, but I won't make any guarantees. LOL

@jessiejean, good luck! you will do great and you are awesome too! Only a select number of people finish but most don't even start at all!
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great job! I dream of the day I can do that in a race!
  • anarod0513
    anarod0513 Posts: 119
    Options
    Thats a great NSV!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a great feeling that must be :)
    I will be walking in a 4.2k in 3 weeks with my 7yr old, lol.
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! WTG :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!