Digestive Question for TRIATHLETES and Endurance runners

Options
moxette
moxette Posts: 104 Member
I have competed in several sprints and 10ks over the years and never had a problem with my stomach during training, But on race day I always get a major stomach ache about an hour after I finish and well... go to the bathroom and its finally all good.
So now I am training for my first Half Iron Man. Since I am doing longer bricks the stomach problem is raising its ugly head in training too. I do fine DURING the workouts, but is it normal to have a massive cramping and complete bowel evacuation (sorry but there is no other way to say it) about 60-120 minutes after a 90 + minute workout?
Any suggestions on beating this or why it happens to me? I am paying attention to hydration, electrolytes, not working on a full stomach... just not sure if there is something else that could help me out.
Caryn

Replies

• wocm15
    wocm15 Posts: 81
    Options
    Bump...
  • emmyburton
    emmyburton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try taking a pepto tablet before your run.
    Good luck!
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    At least you don't go during the marathon. I have heard that happens a lot.
  • Elizabeth226
    Options
    That would happen to me at the end of a 500 yard swim race. The last few laps I could feel my stomach grumbling and felt like all my guts were going to fall out. Gross...and I have no idea how to fix it :/