Insanity DVD workouts

Options
I just started the insanity workouts today and it kicked my butt!!. I am struggling with how to enter them. Does anyone reccomend how I can record these exercises? Thank you

Replies

• Summersadiva
    Summersadiva Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I use my Polar FT7 HRM to capture my Insanity burn. It's the most accurate way.
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I would also say use a HRM (preferrably one with a chest strap) or if you have BodyMediaFit you follow that. Insanity is intense, and it's hard to gauge calorie burns with just estimations, Some people go all out, and others need to stop and take breaks, or go at lower intensity and that affects calories burned. I loved Insanity, it was crazy but fun.
  • Ashleysh22
    Ashleysh22 Posts: 209
    Options
    I actually made an excel spreadsheet to figure out my insanity calorie burning before I got the polart FT4 that I have now.

The spreadsheet uses the following equation: calories burned = (0.074 x age in years - 0.05741 x weight in pounds + 0.4472 x average heart rate - 20.4022) x time elapsed / 4.184.

and then I would just take my HRM every single time we got a water break/pause in Insanity.

I can email you the spreadsheet I set up to average it all if you want to message me your email.