In the process of losing 30 lbs post baby

Options
MinMin97
MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
I am very excited to be in this process... and it is going well! My motivation is up. food choices are awesome and excercise feels great! I have 5 children, the youngest is almost 4. So obviously it's time...!

Is anyone else having a great time?

MinMin

Replies

• mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    Love the attitude! I have 6 kiddos, one of which is special needs, and they keep me hopping and keep my energy up (though sometimes they completely drain it also! lol)
  • MinMin97
    Options
    That's great Mabear! I have lost weight before, after i think my 4th child. It was so nice to get it off..so light on my feet. I am looking forward to that feeling again.

The motherhood gets easier, for me, when the littlest one gets up past 3 1/2 years old.

What are you doing to make good food choices, and stay consistent with exercise?

MInMIn
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs starting this time last year, and had kept it off, and just decided I could try for 5 more. I did it using a lot of the Beachbody workouts (P90X, Insanity, TurboFire and Chalean Extreme) I also like to run 3 or 4 days a week if I can find the time, and still like my Tae Bo. I actually scheduled workout times into my day, I found that made a huge difference for me. I also am a huge fan of the BodyMediaFit. It really opened my eyes to how many calories I burn in a day, so I realized I actually needed to be eating more. I stopped buying anything I shouldn't eat, which was a little hard at first, especially with all the kids wanting "their" snacks. I also really started drinking a ton of water, and I had the kids drink more of it too! I also let me kids know what my goals were, and they really held me accountable, and those days I didn't feel like exercising they would say "Hey Mom it's time to get moving" I also keep healthy snacks in my car and a gallon of water, so if I forget to grab something heading out the door I have healthy quick options when on the go (which is a lot!)
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Mabear,

you might enjoy these metabolism boosters: 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, it boosts your metabolism. Also extravirgin coconut oil helps burn subQfat, especially around the midsection. Cayenne pepper and black pepper ( I put a dose on a couple bites of scrambled eggs). Let me know what you think!

MinMin