Food Diary Help....so tired

Options
Hi, i was wondering if anyone who has had succesful weight loss and near goal could have a look at my diary. Today i was soooooo hungry, and felt actually a bit sick and have generally been so tired and dont go regulary to bathroom.
Im in my final year at drama school, and we are in midst of rehearsals. Which consists of a good warm up body and voice and then obviously our play. And i cycle to and from, total 45mins daily. I go to yoga 2 times a week as thats all i have time for and i love yoga. im 5"4.5 146lbs and 31. i would like to lose 20lbs more. If anyone can advise please do so:)
thanks.

Im no stranger to exercise as use to play professional golf so im pretty muscly already especially thighs unfortunately!!!
thanks

Replies

• ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I looked through about a week and noticed that while you generally always eat your carbs and fiber, you are almost always under on calories, fats, and protein (WAY under on protein). The diet looks pretty clean and healthy overall, so I would try working on those macros that are so low and see if that helps.
  • golfersuse
    golfersuse Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I should probably add i dont drink coffee or black tea. Just lots of water and herbal teas:)
    I was looking at where i can increase protein not being a huge fan of meat, i will try that as well thanks
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Nuts and beans are some of the best sources of non-meat protein. Or protein shakes. If you are often under on fat that could be a problem too. We need to eat healthy fats to survive! You can add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    Cottage Cheese, nuts, beans and natural peanut butter could be some good options, also maybe add a protein shake, if you don't feel like eating anything else. There lots of options when it comes to protein, even some really tasty plant based protein.
  • jreimund
    jreimund Posts: 64
    Options
    I should probably add i dont drink coffee or black tea. Just lots of water and herbal teas:)
    I was looking at where i can increase protein not being a huge fan of meat, i will try that as well thanks

protein can be found in nuts, dairy (milk,cheeses,yogurt, esp greek yogurt), peanut butter, also these foods are good for healthy fats :) I also use whey protein powder sometimes in my smoothies. hope this helps!
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is a weird thing to ask but... could you be pregnant? Your food looks fine. The only times I remember being just drop-dead tired, I was pregnant.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    If you are super tired, you may not be eating enough calories. Try eating a few more calories. With the exercise you are doing you should be able to do this and maintain a good deficit. Also, your protein looks low. Try to eat a little bit of carbs, fat and protein in each meal/snack.
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    another thing to check (blood test) is your iron levels--if you're anemic, you will feel exhausted!
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your an excellent logger! I need to eat more what your eating. I think you need more energy foods. You get a little protein here and there. But you need probably more protein and "100% whole wheat" foods that give you some fuel to give you more energy. I see you got granola for breakfast - that's good. How about some bread in your meals. Not "white flour" but 100% whole wheat that glucose can break down and metabolize better. Brown rice is always good with fish.
  • peaceinside
    peaceinside Posts: 272
    Options
    I agree with all the above, increase your protein. I am a vegetarian and get plenty. Also do you really not drink water or do you just not log it? If things don't improve soon I'd suggest going to the doc.
    Peace! :flowerforyou:
  • ambeer2
    ambeer2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Your diet looks similar to mine, but a few things I noticed:

• Lots of sugar, but mostly from fruit. I don't know how that affects your energy levels, but it might depending on the time you consume your food and potential crashes. Again, I don't know if you can have a "sugar crash" from fresh fruit, but I try to eat more vegetables than fruit, always.
    • You also eat a lot of almonds or almond milk. Any other nuts that you like to add some varieties to your healthy fat intake? I like walnuts, too, and pistachios. I agree with the others on here about upping your fat and protein intake, especially if you're exercising. I have trouble with protein, too, as I'm a pescatarian but eat mostly veg. So I try to get more beans (I make my own hummus often!) and eggs in my diet, or, you can try low-sugar vegan protein shakes, like Rainbow Light Protein Energizer.
    • You could possibly have low iron levels. I often wonder about that, for myself. Do you take any supplements? I'd suggest, because you don't eat a lot of meat, vitamin B12 (any B vitamins also do wonders for energy levels), or a multivitamin. You can also get some more fat in your diet with Omega 3 fish oil pills. I personally just take right now a multivitamin, two fish oil pills, and a calcium pill on the days I feel my complete nutrition may be lacking, based on my food choices. Oh, and I'd suggest you switch to 2% Greek yogurt (I also love g.yogs) because the little bit of milkfat helps absorb calcium to get to your bones! :)
  • talcantara
    Options
    for protien - try lentils or quinoa, (get it at sprouts or winco - it's cheaper). beans and grains are a god filler. item.
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It might be a good idea to have your thyroid checked out too. One sign of hypothyroid is unexplained fatigue .
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    check thyroid & iron with doctor, good luck!
  • golfersuse
    Options
    unfortunately not:) lol very single at mo!
  • golfersuse
    Options
    Thanks all for advice. I drink lots of water and take fish oil and super green food supplement. I have had thyroid checked and it was fine.........i also used to eat a lot more chicken and fish and completely cut that down. I think i will increase my protein, more beans etc. Thanks for the great advice anyway:)
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough given your activity level?