Killer ab workout?

Options
I need something relatively quick, but something that's going to BURN. Feel free to share your favorite arm workout also, those are my two problem areas and I just can't seem to tone them fast enough :)

Replies

• JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    If you can get your hands on P90X's ab ripper...it's only 16 minutes and it burns I love it and hate it . lol
  • missnicolek
    Options
    Thank you! I've heard so many things about P90x and I've been so scared to try it haha I guess it's time now though
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Im doing six week six pack right now. If ou keep your abs tight through the whole work out and use good form your abs will kill the next day
  • hedwighigh
    hedwighigh Posts: 299
    Options
    I've been using Jillian Michael's 6 Week Six-Pack.

It's two levels and they're about 35 minutes each (warm up, work out, cool down).

I've lost half an inch in my waist and another half inch in around my naval with level 1.

I just started level 2 so I can't tell you a whole lot about that one.
  • countrygirlatheart0717
    Options
    Im doing six week six pack right now. If ou keep your abs tight through the whole work out and use good form your abs will kill the next day

Ditto!
  • ciaoella
    ciaoella Posts: 10
    Options
    POP Pilates has a ton of killer ab videos but this one gets abs and arms at the same time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FWAsPoGvv8U
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper's Totally Ripped Core has one longer workout (45 minutes or so), and one short one (15 minutes), and both work really, really well. It isn't just ab work, but moves that involve the whole core, so you end up using other body parts as well and get a good workout for pretty much everything. Pilates is also excellent for developing core strength, and tends to do things a little bit differently from standard workout routines.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
  • missnicolek
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I think I'm going to try all of these :)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Oh boy. It looks killer.

ETA: Best bet for arms is weight lifting. The heavier, the better.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    If you can get your hands on P90X's ab ripper...it's only 16 minutes and it burns I love it and hate it . lol

This. Exactly.

I like Level 1 of 6 Week 6 Pack too. It's pretty short--35 minutes maybe
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Options
    Someone just linked me this 8 minute abs work out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx3bNSHB60Q

I tried it for the first time earlier this evening and judging by the burning I have already I'm guessing it did something :P I don't know anyone who's used it for a long amount of time though.
  • Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    He totally cut a fart in that video - But I'm gonna try some of these as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUjFh4J1dnc
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Heavy squats & chin-ups
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Also, anyone reading this Please For the Love of Rippetoe Read This Article:

http://startingstrength.com/articles/abs_rippetoe.pdf
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Heavy squats & chin-ups

Also Dead Lifts, Upright or Pendlay Rows.

Keep in mind though, Upright Rows should be done with a VERY light weight starting out.

There is a reason they are nicknamed "Rotator Cuff Destroyers"
  • carolyns19
    Options
    BUMP
  • Summersadiva
    Summersadiva Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    These look good!
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options

^^^ This and :laugh: love it and hate it