ever so small NSV

Options
sherri85
sherri85 Posts: 148 Member
I did the "Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone" 2 mile walk!!! I know this will seem like not a big deal to many of you but for me it is HUGE!!! I am a secretary and sit all day everyday Monday through Friday, at least seven of the eight hours I work each day. I also have had alot of tradgedy in my family that has caused alot of sorrow and I have turned to food for comfort.. So I have gotten so overweight and out of shape I couldn't even walk to my mailbox anymore without breathing hard. So that is a huge victory for me when I first started the videos I could not even finish the one mile without panting and I couldn't see myself doing the two mile anytime soon but today I DID IT!!!! I was about to stroke out but I got'er done lol!! Three mile here I come!!!! :tongue:

PS. Now I want to go get on my eliptical I feel so good and proud of myself I just wanna do more!!! Never thought that would happen!!

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's not small at all, it is amazing and great for you to see what you are capable! Best of luck with 3 miles! You can do it!
  • julia6567
    julia6567 Posts: 27
    Options
    Sherri that is amazing. I cant walk two miles because of the excess weight on my arthritic knees. One of these days I will be taking a 'long walk' with you. Excellent NSV, you are an inspiration.
  • austindog2
    austindog2 Posts: 128
    Options
    That's great, so motivating! Congrats, I'm looking forward to hearing about more of your accomplishments!! :)
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of progress, good for you!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!....keep up the good work!! :)
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. It is these non-scale victories which will keep you motivated to keep going in the right direction. :heart:
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    That is great !!! Keep up the good work. Very inspiring !
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Awesome story. A victory is a victory no matter how small. Congratulations!!!!
  • IamJacksColdSweat
    IamJacksColdSweat Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Great job! Those videos are no joke! I tried one years ago, just for an "easy" workout, figuring it would just be some walking but it kinda kicked my butt! And I was in way better shape back then (I ran a few times a week and was slimmer than I am now), so I think this is a pretty great victory :)

Keep it up!
  • sherri85
    sherri85 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I was drenched in sweat but I feel so much better and am really proud of myself lol!! :blushing:
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your first 2 mile walk. Trust me....it gets easier and easier from here on wards and you will be able to finish 5k in the near future. The first step however small.... is a big step towards getting healthier and you did it. Good luck and keep up the good work.
  • arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the hard work and you'll be doing five miles before you know it.
  • laurels12
    laurels12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a huge NSV to me! Everything is relative to where we are at the time. For you that is real progress!! Well done x
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I too consider this a huge NSV! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!