Crying when putting away Laundry

Options
So as always im putting away laundry and i just start crying my eye's out cause im so sick and tired of looking at my fat clothes , It makes me beyond sad knowing all my clothes are big sizes and i would kill to have cute small outfits to hang up instead of my fat clothes that i've been wearing for so long.... I know losing weight takes a while and it's not a over night change but it makes me so depressed knowing im big.... Does anyone else have the same feelings when looking at their clothes or at the store looking for clothes...

It's not fair that all the cute clothes look good only on the store manikin

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I used to be in SUCH denial about my fat clothes. I would hold up jeans at the store and think, "Oh, these won't fit! They are WAY too big!" Take them to the dressing room & they'd stop at my knees. :embarassed:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing!!! I would grab a pair of pants and think there's no way these are small on me they look so big on the hanger ... Get into the dressing room and like you said they won't go over my thighs... and im going no way!!! they look so big that means im so big!!!

My goal is by christmas to be able to grab every single piece of clothes hanging up and donate it to good will and go to the stores and replace everything with smaller sizes...
    Im a size 13/15 and my goal is to get down to 7/8 by christmas do you think this is possible ??
  • bluehead
    Options
    You're all describing my life. I look at my crap *kitten* wardrobe and despise it. There's no reason they can't make cute stuff in larger sizes....sigh..I'm sick of the 2 stores I do shop in. It still doesn't look right since I don't have big boobs to match my big *kitten*. And yes, I'll admit that one of the (many) reasons I want to lose weight is to be able to go in to any store (w/o feeling stupid) and buy something off the rack. I cry out of frustration all the time. No worries.
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    I would take the items that you really love and get them tailored so that at least some items of clothing will fit you. :smile:
    And I think that getting down to a size 7/8 by Christmas is possible if you workout doing your very best doing strength and cardio 5 times a week, but then again it depends on a lot of things esp. where your body is going to lose that fat first and clothing sizes are almost totally arbitrary these days as they vary so much from brand to brand.
  • Demetria
    Options
    I do the same thing!!! I would grab a pair of pants and think there's no way these are small on me they look so big on the hanger ... Get into the dressing room and like you said they won't go over my thighs... and im going no way!!! they look so big that means im so big!!!

My goal is by christmas to be able to grab every single piece of clothes hanging up and donate it to good will and go to the stores and replace everything with smaller sizes...
    Im a size 13/15 and my goal is to get down to 7/8 by christmas do you think this is possible ??

How many pounds would that be? I would start with baby steps so that you can do them and not feel overwhelmed. Alot of people want a quick fix and try to change everything at once, then can't handle it and fail. I finally bought a size 16 shorts last june and almost cried. I have since steadily and slowly changed my eating, then gradually increased my exercising and now 3 months later I have lost 19lbs and can wear a size 12. I used to get upset when I would only lose half a pound in a week, I learned I needed to change my perspective, now if I lose half a pound I am grateful to at least lose that much and I can keep going with my routine and know that I can do it.

Don't try to lose more than 2lbs a week.

hth,
    Demetria
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Don't worry before too long you'll be crying putting away the laundry because your arms hurt so bad from your work out. At least that's why I'm crying.
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    I've changed a lot things like no more sugar (unless it comes natural from foods) Only healthy carbs, No more every day drinking beer & wine, cut down from 5 cans a soda a day to 1 sometimes none, No more fast food, Sodium intake is only 1500 mg a day. i work out 4-5 times a week about 30-60 minutes a day (depends on how the kids are that day) Water is now my best friend :happy: o and Tea. I have changed my life style in many ways that i would have never thought of doing but im tired !!! Im tired of re-turning clothes that people buy me for christmas cause they are too small, Im tired of going to the store and only buying a bra cause it's the only thing that would fit, Im tired of worrying my man is going to run off with a tiny b*tch because im fat (it would never happen but i worry because ex husband did it to me)

I for once want to be the skinny girl at the party !!!
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You're making great changes! Good luck! I know you can do it! :happy:
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    I've changed a lot things like no more sugar (unless it comes natural from foods) Only healthy carbs, No more every day drinking beer & wine, cut down from 5 cans a soda a day to 1 sometimes none, No more fast food, Sodium intake is only 1500 mg a day. i work out 4-5 times a week about 30-60 minutes a day (depends on how the kids are that day) Water is now my best friend :happy: o and Tea. I have changed my life style in many ways that i would have never thought of doing but im tired !!! Im tired of re-turning clothes that people buy me for christmas cause they are too small, Im tired of going to the store and only buying a bra cause it's the only thing that would fit, Im tired of worrying my man is going to run off with a tiny b*tch because im fat (it would never happen but i worry because ex husband did it to me)

I for once want to be the skinny girl at the party !!!

aww hun!! I know how you feel trust me!!!....Except I try on a size 16 and I can't get them onto my hips:(:(:(..I am a 18/20 right now..But I know it takes time...Don't worry we will be skinny b*tches soon enough!:laugh:
  • kimberjones
    Options
    I'm with all of you. I've been working on this eating less/exercising thing since 7/25. I've lost 15 pounds and I seem to be stuck. I have lost inches but that seems to have stopped too. I'm losing heart and I had to go yesterday and buy some pants because the inside thighs of most of my other ones had worn holes in them :cry: . I'm just sooooooooooo frustrated and I'm the only one in my family working at it even though the others need some of it (just not as much as I do!)

I'm ready to be able to go into a store and NOT have to shop in the womens/plus size section. I just want to be able to try on a pair of jeans from someplace 'normal' (not specially for fat people). It just doesn't seem like it's EVER!!!! going to happen.
  • HaleyEwest11
    Options
    i do the exact same thing. all of my friends are all super skinny. it makes me feel terrible to know that i am bigger but i am one of the shortest and youngest out of all of them
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Okay, understood, but you will do this if you want it bad enough. You don't have that much to lose!! Look at each lb gone as another lb you don't have to worry about! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
    It's all about perspective -- worry less about the size you are now and concentrate on the process!!!! --

Wait until you keep shrinking out of your clothes and have to keep going shopping to replace them! As soon as I was in a size 10 two months ago, they're falling off me now! :angry: :laugh:

p.s. It's taken me 14 months to lose this much weight.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I feel that way when I shop with my daughter.
  • sunnygrrl
    Options
    Don't worry before too long you'll be crying putting away the laundry because your arms hurt so bad from your work out. At least that's why I'm crying.

This made me laugh. Thank you!
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    I hope i'll be crying soon because my arms hurt from my work out lol...
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I started out wanting to lose 33 pounds, a huge number for me, so I re thought it, and got in the one pound a week mindset! I have lost 25 pounds in 28 weeks! sometimes as much as 3 pounds, sometimes nothing, but it averages out! If I can do this you can for sure! Just believe in yourself! My mantra is I love me more than I love
    ( insert food item here)

nothing is worth the candy bars, the bacon fat fried food, the large portions, etc. I am 53 and have a mildy active life. rarely get to exercise and work long hours! no excuses, you can do this! Small goals are way better because they are a reward every time you succeed! I don't have cheat days because I see it as a short circuit to my success. just make your mind up and do it! you can!
  • Briannah
    Options
    My husband and I decided we need to do a clean up recently which involved me giving away some of my clothes. I actually cried looking at all my skinny clothes, knowing that they would have to go. I was so depressed about it that I was commited to change and since then I have lost 10 kilos (I think that works out to be 22 Lbs). However I have been working out since december and people have only commented about my weight loss in the last two months. I have only felt better for the last 3. I have 4 more kilos (8lbs) to go to get back down to my original size. Its sometimes a slow journey but it is worth it and the work out you do today may not show up on you tommorow. But a few months and it will all add up, I still ended up giving those skinny clothes away, but I can't wait untill I can get some new clothes for my skinny wardrobe!
  • princessjade22
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I hate wearing t-shirts all the time because I want to hide my stomach. I would love to go into a store and find a nice top and not have to worry about what part of my fat is not hidden. Buying a swim suit this summer was my nightmare. I wore it I think twice. I want to look good in my bathing suit next year. It would be nice to look good in my prebaby clothes. I got back into my jeans but my baby stomach is still here. My goal is to be able to throw out all my oversized t-shirts and buy some cute tops to wear. Just think when we lose all the weight we want to, we get to go shopping ....it will be fantatstic!!!!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! It is a slow and uneven process, but it will happen!

I analyzed my weight loss patterns yesterday and found that I lose, gain, lose, gain, do nothing, do nothing, LOSE, etc. but the bottom line is that I AM losing weight and even more importantly, my body is changing shape. I went 20 days with no loss at all once, and right now, I'm at day 15 of no loss. But I am now wearing two sizes smaller than 3 months ago and finally cleaned out my closet last night, storing all those clothes that are mucho too big. It isn't an exact thing...where every 7 days precisely, after not eating those 3,500/7,000 calories, you drop exactly 16/32 oz of fat off your body. Maybe you were tired and didn't burn as many calories in your daily activities as usual? Maybe you were sick? Or possibly stressed more than normally? All of these things can affect our weight loss.

Here's the thing...there are benefits to eating right and working out besides just losing weight. You are more fit, have more energy, sleep better, more confident, and your organs are healthier (blood vessels, heart, liver, etc.). So you'll likely live longer! So even when you feel like throwing in the towel, don't! You never know if tomorrow is the magic day that 3 pounds will suddenly melt away....and you worked hard for that! Stay the course...the benefits are worth it!

ps: I have had my baby tummy and accompanying stretch marks, ever since I started having children, even when I was a size 3. I consider them to be my badges of honor for motherhood and my children :love:
  • you are sad because you feel that you can't control the situation.
    instead of feeling sorry about yourself DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, take control.
    Do push up, work out, eat high fiber low cal lunch,dinner. Take an outdoor walk, it always relax me..
    it's fun to walk in the rain.
    DO NOT think you are overweight, visual yourself as you are already at the size that you want.
    Everything is in the mind. When you think you are a lean mean machine, you will act like one,
    you will eat like one, you WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO BECOME ONE, you will become one.
    When i feel that i'm big.. i eat more junk food.