Help about weight loss

Options
Hi! I just started myfitnesspal 3 months ago but i stopped after a week, and it was just around 4 days ago that I started using this site again. However, for 2 weeks now I've been exercising 3-5 times a week (usually I burn around 400 calories at the gym -> by elliptical/bike/rowing machine). I'm female, 21 years old, height: 5'5. I weighed 150 before but now I'm not really sure how much I weigh because when I weighed in sometimes it's 149 sometimes it's 147 sometimes it's 146 so i realy get confused. I usually weigh in after exercise/ at night after taking a bath. I'm not really sure if I'm making any progress. In a day I usually eat a bit over 1200 calories in estimate but i burn the exta and i have an extra 100 - 300 calories more to spare. Is this normal? How can i lose weight faster? I also tend to get really hungry after workout. What type of food should I eat and when?

Replies

• AlissaAngelo
    AlissaAngelo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The 1200 is just a base, I would recommend aiming for around 1400 to 1500 calories a day if you are exercising. :) The formula that works best for me is 10 x your body weight to get an idea of what you should eat. You shouldn't be hungry at all during the day, eating every 2 to 3 hours. :) I hope that helps!

I've been where you are and it can be so confusing! Feel free to message me if you have questions. :)

Alissa
    www.AlissaAngelo.com
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    I tend to weigh in the mornings after going to the loo, I always weigh naked, so I'm not weighing my clothes into the equation. I've been told not to rely too much on the scale so better to only weigh and measure once a week...although I know that can be hard to stick to. I don't have great self discipline so it's hard for me to do, as well as getting on here every day to put my food an excercise in. I have to battle with my kids to get the use of the laptop most of the time!!
  • born2bfat
    born2bfat Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you for all your help! I'm wondering though if losing weight really takes this long? hahaha My target weight is around 125 so that's around 22-25 pounds away. I actually lost weight before. I was down to 120 pounds but I wasn't able to maintain it since I did yoyo diet. When I tried to lsoe weight before, I wouldn't eat dinner. There were even days when I only ate salad and fruits everyday but I think it's very hard to maintain that kind of diet so this time, I really want to do it the right way and to maintain it.
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" and was 147.2 pounds on January 1st... as of today I'm 129.8 pounds (but was 128.2 pounds on Tuesday, grrr). Keep at it and you'll get there!