Insanity Workout?

Options
I'm seriously looking into this. Does anyone here have results with Insanity or feedback for me?

Replies

• JennyNotSoSkinny
    JennyNotSoSkinny Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I did it for three weeks, not pleased with my results. I gained a lb the first week, lost it the second, and stayed the same for week 3. No change in muscle during that time either. Granted, I could only do about 70% of all routines (it's truly a physical challenge) I would still think I would have seen better results. Eating was good, too, so idk what went wrong. I weigh close to 250 so idk if I was working too hard and heart rate was too high or what. My coworker is like 160 and didn't lose anything either. I've heard good stories from others though if that helps. I switched to the elliptical 2 weeks ago and have lost 5 pounds since so I'm gonna stick with that.
  • ctraill
    ctraill Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start. A friend of mine who had a pretty saggy tummy (but pretty firm every where else) completely reshaped her stomach area using it. But, I'm out of shape and a lot heavier -- I don't know how much improvement I'd really see. But I figure all exercise is good exercise! I'm hoping I'll get into shape faster than I would otherwise motivate myself to do in any case.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 3. So far I'm seeing great results, losing a pounds every four days just about (the same speed as before I started), and the inches are coming off faster. Even more important for me, I'm seeing huge improvements already in my cardio conditioning. It is an extreme workout, leaves me flat on the floor for a few minutes after, but it is such a high to be able to push that little bit harder every day and do more.
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    The thing is we gain weight slowly, but expect to lose quickly. That's unrealistic.

Even if you didn't lose, just think you're turning fat into muscle which weighs more!

:) what did you guys who quit do with the dvds?
  • NeekyRae
    NeekyRae Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks for your responses! I don't expect to lose all of my weight within the program. I'm just looking for the best workout I can find. I want to start out slow with it as well.
  • JennyNotSoSkinny
    JennyNotSoSkinny Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Even if it was muscle, I would have noticed in my measurements. I lost 5 lbs after I switched to total elliptical cardio after giving Shaun t the boot. My DVDs are collecting dust in my drawer now lol. I'm considering the new Jillian Michael's 90 day challenge. I saw great results with her 30 day shred.