The Movers & Shakers - Week 7

Options
Happy Week 7!

I hope everyone had a good long weekend! :smile: How did you all do with last week's challenge? I did alright, but I think that I could have done much better!

So, new challenge:

Week 7: Drink at least 8 cups of water everyday.

I know that we did this challenge before, but I know how easy it is to stray away from getting enough water. And it is very important!!!

*All new members welcome!*

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I do agree that water is hard to get in sometimes. This is a great challenge.
    Have a great week everyone. :bigsmile:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    So I missed last week. I was on holidays. I ate horrible and slacked on exercise. But this is a new week and I am ready to get back into my regular routine. After all my 1/2 marathon is only a little over a month away!

The water challenge sounds good. I really do have to make a point of drinking more water, especially before the race so this will be good for me.

Have a great day!

Oh and I tried that turkey vegetable meatloaf. It was pretty good. I added extra veggies. My hubby doesn't seem to big on meatloaf in general though. I don't think he likes the texture of it. Oh well, he doesn't have to eat it then :happy:
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hello, Hello!

Well, I got all my water in yesterday, and I am about halfway there today so this week is going good so far. I ended up having chinese food for lunch, so I am going to try and drink more water today as I know there is so much sodium in it.

KatWood - It's great that you are going to run a 1/2 marathon! You must be getting excited!
    jjtonic75 - Love your new picture!
  • angelicarebels
    angelicarebels Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I actually got all my water in but the last four cups was in one sitting :>( now its 2am & i am still running to the wash closet ...:>( ugh but i did it lol
  • crystalscott0906
    Options
    hi everyone :) well i was laid up with step the begining of the week but i am back now and slowly getting back into the routine....i still feel crummy so the water is a great challenege....i dont get why i get sick all the time, i work out and eat healthy and take vitamins but it seems like if there is someone sick within a 5 mile radius of me i get sick...ugh! anyway i am working on getting back, i have a big goal that i am trying to reach by december....15 more pounds...hopefully i can do it!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hello, Hello!

Well, I got all my water in yesterday, and I am about halfway there today so this week is going good so far. I ended up having chinese food for lunch, so I am going to try and drink more water today as I know there is so much sodium in it.

KatWood - It's great that you are going to run a 1/2 marathon! You must be getting excited!

Thanx. How are you doing with your water today? I would also suggest doing some exercise to counteract the chinese from yesterday. I love chinese and sushi. Making me hungry just thinking about it. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I actually got all my water in but the last four cups was in one sitting :>( now its 2am & i am still running to the wash closet ...:>( ugh but i did it lol

Try to finish your last glass at least an hour before bedtime, that way you don't have to get up in the middle of the nite. I am the same way sometime. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    hi everyone :) well i was laid up with step the begining of the week but i am back now and slowly getting back into the routine....i still feel crummy so the water is a great challenege....i dont get why i get sick all the time, i work out and eat healthy and take vitamins but it seems like if there is someone sick within a 5 mile radius of me i get sick...ugh! anyway i am working on getting back, i have a big goal that i am trying to reach by december....15 more pounds...hopefully i can do it!

I am glad that you are feeling better. You have a great goal in mind. You might want to join us on our thread for looking good for Christmas. Here is the link. We all weigh in once a week. We would love to have you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/65420-looking-good-for-christmas-week-9
  • sjmay
    Options
    Hello, Hello!

Thanx. How are you doing with your water today? I would also suggest doing some exercise to counteract the chinese from yesterday. I love chinese and sushi. Making me hungry just thinking about it. :bigsmile:

Water is going well today. I drank A LOT yesterday. How are you doing with it?

I really wanted to go for my run last night, but I was just so tired from eating so much :laugh:

Hope everyone's having a great day! :drinker:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hello, Hello!

Water is going well today. I drank A LOT yesterday. How are you doing with it?

I really wanted to go for my run last night, but I was just so tired from eating so much :laugh:

Hope everyone's having a great day! :drinker:

I am almost done with 8 glasses today. I still have to workout tonite, so I will get in at least 10 glasses.
    You know, even if you are tired you should get out and at least 15 mins, I promise you will feel better once you start. Next time you feel sluggish after a big meal, do your run that nite. You will not regret it. That way it burns off a lot of the calories you ate during the day.
    Have a great evening. :bigsmile:
  • sjmay
    Options
    Hey - just checking in to see how everyone's doing! How is the challenge going for you? Also, how did you do this week with your food/exercise?

I finally got out for a run last night, that seemed harder than usual, but I feel much better today, and I did last night as well. No big plans for the weekend. A friend of mine and DH's is getting married Saturday and we are planning on going to the reception/dance. So, I will have to keep an eye on my fluid intake, but the one good thing, is I will dance ALL night long! :bigsmile:

Hope everyone has a great weekend :flowerforyou:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hey - just checking in to see how everyone's doing! How is the challenge going for you? Also, how did you do this week with your food/exercise?

I finally got out for a run last night, that seemed harder than usual, but I feel much better today, and I did last night as well. No big plans for the weekend. A friend of mine and DH's is getting married Saturday and we are planning on going to the reception/dance. So, I will have to keep an eye on my fluid intake, but the one good thing, is I will dance ALL night long! :bigsmile:

Hope everyone has a great weekend :flowerforyou:

I have been able to keep up with the water challenge and have worked out every nite this week. Tonite will be my rest nite, since my fiance' is home tonite. Tomorrow morning is the Parade for Rodeo, so will be going to that with some friends and then when I get home, I will exercise. Then that afternoon we are having a BBQ. I will do my best to keep everything in moderation.
    Have a fantastic weekend. :bigsmile:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I think I did quite well with the water challenge although I didn't actually keep track. I must admit though that I didn't really have to push myself to drink lots of water. I don't know if it was the running or what, but I was just really thirsty this week.

Anyways, what is this weeks challenge?
  • sjmay
    Options
    KatWood - Sounds like you did great with the water challenge :smile:

Sorry I was late with getting the new thread started, but here is the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/65852-the-movers-the-shakers