sweet tooth NEED HELP!

Options
Joined yesterday after weeks and weeks of failing to lose anything and having a dreadful sweet tooth. Really need friends to motivate me not to eat crap! like today :(

Replies

• MsAprilNurse
    Options
    Try rice cakes with peanut butter. It might satisfy ur sweet cravings.
  • mamaparks87
    mamaparks87 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth as well and have found since cutting out coke and coke zero I have way less of one.
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I Brush my teeth when a craving gets strong.. NOTHING sounds good when you have that minty taste in your mouth :)
  • Swey77
    Swey77 Posts: 2
    Options
    When I want something sweet, I drink a glass of water, wait for 10 minutes, then, if I'm still hungry (not craving), I reach for a piece of fruit. I've also turned to chewing a small piece of sugar-free gum. I find that when I carve something sweet, it's just to satiate my tongue, not my hunger. Is that weird? Keep in mind, however, resistance to temptation is NEVER easy and takes time. Work your way gently through it. I hope this helps.
  • icerafta
    icerafta Posts: 38
    Options
    sugar free jello with fat free whipped cream on it.
    Three butterscotch disks ( or most hard candy) is only about 35 calories. Suck on it and TRY NOT to chew it. (good luck with THAT)
    Stash liquorice tea is only a few calories and is made with Anise root. It is a very powerful sweetener and it also calms my desire for candy.
    I have an addiction to milk chocolate so I use fat free- sugar free hot cocoa mix both to drink and to flavor my oatmeal or cereal. It has helped me to avoid buying those mondo Hershey bars and eating it all at once. Good luck (-:
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You may send me a friend request, but I will need to see you diary to help out. Sweetness was my weakness and due to small changes I lost over 80lb last year.

Substitutions work. I stopped the soft drink and drank water with a little bit of lemon and of lime in it (1/8 slice each fruit). Low calorie mints will satisfy sometimes too.

Fruit is often the best substitute for sugar replacement.

Count calories and exercise a few hours a week and you will nail it !
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth too and find that dried fruits in moderation can take care of those sweet cravings and they are full of fibre too. Fresh pineapple or melon, also sweet and yummy :D
  • Swey77
    Swey77 Posts: 2
    Options
    PS. Bananas have a high glycemic index number and tends to increase your sugar craving. I suggest a red delicious or gala apple. The high water content will help as well. GOOD LUCK!
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    weight watchers site recipes are free.

I like Dreyer's sugar free popsicles, fruit & yogurt, sweet baby carrots.

Sparkling ice water. Can freeze for slush, or add fruit.