back dimples / dimples of venus

Options
I SOOOO want them. I've heard that you have to get down to a certain amount of body fat in order to get them, and most of the time its hereditary?

Sometimes, when I look at my lower back in the mirror, i feel like i can see slight indentations where they are supposed to be, but then I cant tell if it's just me seeing things that aren't there!

Anyone here who didn't have lower back dimples, and then got them AFTER they lost body fat? Please share!

Replies

• Nix_
    Nix_ Posts: 94
    Options
    I think it's you either have them or you don't - I think! Only reason I say that, is because there was a girl in school with me and she wasn't small but she had them. I also think they are great! So if there is a way to get them, I would love to know, but I think we're just being hopeful :( lol
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have them, though they aren't really pronounced, and I definitely am not really lean.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I'm 99% sure they're genetic. My ex had them...big or small...bodyfat was irrelevant.
  • SabKab16
    SabKab16 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ahh, a girl can dream :( Nevertheless, I am finding a way to get those things on my lower back, if it's the last thing I do! lol
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    They are called PSIS (posterior superior iliac spine) and they are anatomical landmarks and points of muscle tendon and ligament attachment (sorry for sounding like a snob). Point being- it's your anatomy, not your weight, that determines the visibility of these. Like "hip bones" in the front (ASIS), or collar bones, etc. Some people show them, some people don't!
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    And- you are gorgeous! Forget those, you don't need them!
  • sparkle126
    sparkle126 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have them put you can't really see them that well, i reckon if i lost more weight i would have the full dimples. I only say this because my little 7 month son as them on is back and they stand out and my partner doesnt have them, so i guess he got them from me lol xxx
  • FitFi74
    FitFi74 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've got em' never heard they were weight related or wanted! Might flaunt em more ;-)
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I have them and I am a chunky monkey! I think they are genetic, but I do know when I weight less they are much more pronounced.
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I've had them with and without weight. I think you got 'em or you don't. It doesn't matter though!!! I never even knew they were sought-after.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I thought everyone had them! lol! I've always had them. I have a dimple on each shoulder, too. I hated those growing up but now that i'm grown i've become fond of them.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I've always had them, my brother doesn't though, just genetics and body types
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have them now that I exercise & have lost body fat, but I think I always had them maybe they were not as noticeable. I think they are super cute though.. But nothing to obsess over
  • skinnieminniemouse
    Options
    I have them, am I the only one that doesnt like them? You can have mine haha
  • ginger_red
    ginger_red Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was just standing in front of the mirror today checking for progress, and noticed I have them. I've noticed them before but didn't know they were sought after...I always thought it was because I'm overweight. I was checking to see if they have gotten smaller today. Well, I guess that's one less thing I have to worry about then since they might not be going anywhere even after I've reached my goal! Glad to know I'm not abnormal! haha
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    How funny, something I never thought of, so I went and looked in the mirror and yup, I have em, ha ha ha.
  • ShalisaClam
    ShalisaClam Posts: 190
    Options
    I have 'em, and I'm very, ahem, chunky..... I just thought it was two spots that my fat didn't deposit. :happy:
  • SlimBananas
    SlimBananas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    i have them and both of my kids do as well...but my husband doesnt.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I have them and I know my son does, not sure about my daughter yet. :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I want them, didn't have them, and have very faint ones now. In certain lighting and at certain angles.

Certainly preferable to the dimples I used have in my thighs and butt cheeks!