Hi! Losing weight with Visalus and exercise

Options
Hi Everyone! Ive been using MFP for a while, but never introduced myself. Im Melissa. I hit my max weight last summer (175 lbs) and didnt realize what I looked like until my husband took a picture of me when we were at the zoo with our kids. I was horrified. Between Oct and Jan 1st I lost 17 pounds on my own, but not the healthy way. I was under a lot of stress and was no eating or sleeping. When January came around the stress had gone done and I decided to lose weight the smart way. I started doing the 90 Day Challenge from Visalus. I feel like a million bucks. I have lost an additional 13 lbs on my own and many inches. Last week I was able to pick up a used treadmill for $80.00 and is now doing the Couch to 5K program.

I am 5' 4" and weight in this morning at 145. I am now debating on how much more do I was to lose? 10 lbs, 20 lbs?

I look forward to giving and getting support from everyone that is one the weight loss and get healthy journey.

Replies

• 50ishFoodie
    50ishFoodie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey! Your story sounds a lot like mine. I lost 22 lbs on Weight Watchers, and then ran smack into menopause. Zero metabolism. I eat healthy and exercise 6 hours a week, on average. I do a combination of spinning, elliptical, swimming, yoga and weight training. I have not been able to drop any weight for about a year now, so have just ordered my Visalus and am going to try the Challenge. I am 5'6" and weight 171. I started at 193!!!

How is the Vi program working for you? What were your hardest moments?

Any advice would be helpful!

As for how much more weight you should lose? I'd aim for 15 and see how you feel then. If you like the way you feel, then just focus on maintaining that.
  • emilysuelemus
    emilysuelemus Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I started visalus first of jan and lost 12 llbs first month and have hit a platuea since Ive tried changing it up but cant seem to get off plateau....but I like the nutritional value in shakes and lost inches and my labs have never been better so for that reason im plugging away!
  • Krcanderson
    Krcanderson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been doing visalus since Jan 16th and lost 30Lbs since, I love it!
  • melk513
    melk513 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm new here (well, kind of - was here before a few years ago too but I'm back and ready to take charge!). I've been hearing A LOT about this visalus program (I think -is it the same as Body By Vi?). I can't seem to find any real answers about what it's about without being directed to talk to a distributor. I would love some information on this if anyone doesn't mind taking the time to fill me in. You can send me a message if you'd prefer. I would just like a better idea of what it is before I decide if I should shell out the money for it.

Thanks!
    Melissa
  • deemuffie
    deemuffie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi ...I am also starting on the Visalus shakes and I am very anxious to get started...I am waiting to receive my mix.Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday....I have been doing MFP for a while and have not lost but a pound or two in the last 6 months..So I hope that this will jump start me again....I will have to let you all know how it goes..Denise
  • mbooren
    mbooren Posts: 5
    Options
    The reason you hear from a distributor is because once people try it they fall in love and want to start selling it too. I've only had three shakes in the last two days and I'm ready to start selling it too.
  • dadumais
    Options
    Hi, I started the body by Vi challenge (and I sell it to now) on Sept 1st and lost 13.4 pounds the first month. I am now losing inches vs pounds as I started exercising too. It goes back and forth between pounds and inches. Great product.