no iron in steak!

Options
I am interested to see that my 2oz of ham in my lunch has more iron in it than a 150g eye fillet steak for my tea! (is logging no iron at all) - if thats wrong, I'm wondering how many other things are not logged correctly here. Just having a whinge lol

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    A ton of stuff is not correct on the site. Do yourself a favor and buy a book to double check. The Complete Book of Food Counts is chap and at most book stores or Amazon.com.

I would be willing to guess at least 80% of the sodium counts are wrong.
  • mariobadr
    mariobadr Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I would be willing to guess at least 80% of the sodium counts are wrong.

I don't even know why I track sodium anymore. I know for a fact I'm well over whatever's listed lol
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    A lot of the DB is user submitted and most dieters aren't paying attention to nutrients they're just looking at calories and maybe fat/carb/protein. So when they enter in something new, they skip everything but what they care about.

If you use their DB entry later, you'll get the same limited info.

If you use your phone to enter in meals, the UPC scanner is very useful at getting the exact item you want, and Ive seen that most if not of those lookups have all of the nutritional info.
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've started double checking everything, too. Is there a way for us to mark inaccurate things to clean up the database?
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I agree, don't rely on the MFP counter, at least not stuff people put in, I always compare it to my actual product info before I'll use a member DB entry, the MFP standards I trust though...I think some people make up calorie amounts sometimes too, make them more or usually less than what the products really are...

Meg
  • teganaviel
    teganaviel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When adding an item to your food diary by searching the database, a box pops up to the right if you click on an item from the list. Under the heading there is a little 'nutritional info' link that will open up a box with, obviously-- nutritional data. On the right side of that box you can confirm whether or not the data is accurate.
  • teganaviel
    teganaviel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've started double checking everything, too. Is there a way for us to mark inaccurate things to clean up the database?

When adding an item to your food diary by searching the database, a box pops up to the right if you click on an item from the list. Under the heading there is a little 'nutritional info' link that will open up a box with, obviously-- nutritional data. On the right side of that box you can confirm whether or not the data is accurate.
  • Ittybitty22
    Ittybitty22 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    exspecially the calories u burn working out
  • purdieang
    purdieang Posts: 43
    Options
    thanks for the replies - will check out the box on the right next time, didnt even notice it!