Kickboxing DVD Recommendations?

Options
Can anyone recommend a good kickboxing DVD on par with (or better than) Jillian Michael's Kickboxing Fast Fix, which I already have? I would also appreciate any info on how many workouts each DVD contains and how long they are. Thanks!

Replies

• shimmer_glo
    shimmer_glo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I would also like to know...actually if there is a low impact kickboxing I would be interested too!
  • nomorepizza
    nomorepizza Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The Davina McCall DVDs have kickboxing sections which I really enjoy and plenty of other variety for strength training and aerobics too
  • Pfitzer
    Pfitzer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Turbojam!!! It takes a little time to get the choreography down, but it's totally worth it. I lost 50 pounds (prior to joining MFP) using this and weight lifting.
  • shimmer_glo
    Options
    Thanks, nomorepizza. I'm actually looking for an entire kickboxing workout DVD.
  • shimmer_glo
    Options
    Turbojam!!! It takes a little time to get the choreography down, but it's totally worth it. I lost 50 pounds (prior to joining MFP) using this and weight lifting.

Great. Thank you.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Cathe Freidrich Kick punch crunch!!!! i hated Kickboxing but she made me love it!!! check it out on youtube, and you can get it fairly cheap on amazon and you get two worouts on it, you alll so will get push pull on it that is a weight lifting one.. and both has different premixs on it!! you can mix and match them so cool. Check it out or you can go to cathe.com wonderful I promise you will love her and the DVD
  • andream1976
    andream1976 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone Walk & Kick. There' s only 1 workout out it, about 30 minutes in length. I love it! And it's pretty low impact but you are always moving and kicking, so you get a decent calorie burn in a short amount of time. I log it as 250 calories burned per 30 minutes. I want to try the JM kick boxing and Turbo Jam, too. They sound great!
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I second the Turbo Jam recommendation. It's the most fun I've ever had doing cardio. And there's always at least one low impact modifier.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo. You can preview some of the workouts on Collagevideo.com and Youtube, just type Tae Bo. Check your local library to see if they carry any. You can buy Tae Bo workouts at Walmart, Target, Kmart, Barnes and Nobles, etc., if you want to buy online, you can check Amazon.com. They tend to be cheaper than Collagevideo.com.
  • shimmer_glo
    Options
    Thank you for the helpful replies!
  • ChristinMielke
    ChristinMielke Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for more intensity TurboFire is the next step after turbo jam. It leverages the HIIT concepts with quick bursts of high intensity cardio
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam® Workout Program

Kickboxing and body sculpting set to the hottest
    dance music.
    Turbocharge your weight loss and have a blast kickboxing, dancing, and body sculpting with trainer Chalene Johnson. You’ll burn calories and fat to reshape your body fast.

Turbo Jam® also includes Turbo Sculpting Gloves to help you increase muscle activity for faster results. In a university study, some participants burned up to 1,000 calories an hour.
  • LeisureRunner
    Options
    I like Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire.
  • jlebert716
    jlebert716 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love turbofire! Its a good program that has a lot of options in terms of workout length which is great for me!