HUGE NSV

Options
I have been having some serious me time today. I have been thinking about the past and how I got to this point in my life. I became "fat" because of sexual abuse by a couple of guys in high school. I thought maybe if I became unattractive it would stop. It didn't. I had dropped out of the volleyball team and started eating whatever I wanted. The abuse eventually did stop when I had the guts to speak up but it was already to late. My bad food decisions stuck with me. It was to late to join the volleyball team again and the damage was done. I put up a new profile picture. That was me in high school at age 15 or 16, freshman year and at that time i was eating right and playing volleyball but yet the other kids still called me "fat" especially because i developed earlier then they did. This made me eat even more for comfort ( if only someone pulled me aside and said hey! you are beautiful! I wonder where I would be today?) If you look in my pictures, the very last one is me today at 19 years old. You can just see the difference in my face alone. I weighed 170 in my profile pic and today I weigh 370. I am not writing this to put the blame on someone else for my bad habits. I know I am to blame. I am writing this as closure to my past. To finally get my story out there so I can move on and be that happy girl again. The point that I am trying to make is that the past is the past. YOU have the choice of whether or not your bring it with you. Right now, here today I decide to lay my past down and start building a better future. Who is with me?

(sorry I don't know how to post pictures)

Replies

• JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Good for you! Talking about it helps. You can hopefully move forward and get healthier. You are beautiful. I can tell just by the way you wrote, but you are stunning in your picture too!
  • aimeemusic
    aimeemusic Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good going girl!

You deserve this!

You where a very cute little girl.......Kids can be so cruel!

you seem so happy with your partner as well. Keep going and let me know if you need a buddy to encurage you along. (I'm in!)

I wish I would of started this weight lost journey when I was 19. I am 29 and I am now starting to realize that I let my 20's go by feeling not comfortable in my own skin.

I am proud of you for taking this step and making this public promise to make a healthier you.

xoxo girl!

:)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You are so beautiful! I'm so glad you are here!
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful, girl! Congrats on taking the step toward self-determination and happiness. One of the most powerful things I ever actually figured out was that you, yourself, actually can do ANYTHING you want! You just have to do it. Sounds like an obvious point, but so many people don't know it. They can't do the things they want to because other people, or life, or who knows what, won't let them. But really, they could, if they just did.
    Kudos.
  • awwwshux25
    awwwshux25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You were beautiful then and you are beautiful now! Keep healing!
  • Kaseybella
    Kaseybella Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great, what better time than now to get started! You are still beautiful! All you have to do from here on out is take it day by day and become a healthier person! I just read on another post on here, someone said do a daily walk (even 5 min), count calories, sleep, repeat. Sounds like you have some great motivation to get you going and keep you going. You have age on your side. "if you make it important to you, you will find a way... if not, you will find an excuse." -make it important to you, YOU GOT THIS!!!!
  • sammyjowedeking
    Options
    thanks guys for the sweet comments :)
  • RetroGlitzDiva
    RetroGlitzDiva Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    So hard to really look at ourselves and accept why we treat our body the way we do. You are so brave to face this stuff head on. You are on a journey and with patience your body and mind will be healthy and strong very soon! Good luck on your journey!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with all the above comments! You were beautiful then and u are beautiful now! You are young and you can attain anything u set your mind to. If u would like some support, friend me, I try to be "there" for all my friends. YOU GOT THIS!!!:drinker:
  • sammyjowedeking
    Options
    You guys are so sweet an the encouraging words are so helpful :) I cannot wait to get back to the weight I was and not only fix my body but my mind and soul too! If you want to be friends dont hesitate to add me! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!