Need support

Options
So I'm having so much trouble sticking to my new fitness/dietary routine. I've been trying to do the couch to 5k program alongside the 30-day-shred. I've also been trying to track my calories. I am in graduate school and am doing school work about 18 hours a day. What is your secret to sticking to your program? Really struggling.

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Whew, you've got a lot going on there! Just do the best you can do given your circumstances. Try to make good food choices and exercise when you can. Keep the food you need on hand, and maybe bring some with you if you're heading out to classes or to study. Even though I've never been there I know grad school is an extremely challenging time.
  • KGFitnessGuru
    Options
    I think when people have problems sticking to a routine, its because at times it gets overwhelming on changing eating habits and exercising, To maintaining their normal life schedules. I'm a full time student and understand being busy, I would say start thinking one day at a time, don't think about everything cause thats when it feels overwhelming. challenge yourself if you can't always make it to the gym do home stuff, like what I do, I have a list of things I can do at home and when I wake up I do 50 of 3 of the exercises and when I go to bed. eating what I do is have a day where I make all my meals for 3 days so I can grab and go, and get less temptation to grab junk food. stay positive you can do it. if you need recipe ideas and have other things as well check out my blogs http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KGFitnessGuru
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I just graduated from nursing school. Between class, clinicals, and my young family, there never seemed to be any time. I would ease into it little by little. Walk laps between class. When doing homework, get up and take 15-30minute breaks and take a walk or run, or whatever you like to do. Not only does that give you a break from the school work, it also helped me think more clearly. Good luck to you!!! i feel your pain. Also, just as a side note, when a person is in a stressful situation (graduate school, nursing school, etc) our bodies produce more cortisol, hence more fat storage, etc. It can often make weight loss more difficult. Hang in there, girlie!! :bigsmile:
  • augustbride2012wa
    augustbride2012wa Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support and ideas! One more week until break. Ah.