New start :)

Options
Hello :)

Rowena here.

I joined just over a week ago and i've decided to start using the forum to keep myself going.

When I was ~22 (28 now) I was very fit, gym 5x a week and eating well. Sadly things changed when I moved, personal circumstances, depression; 4 years went by and I put on a lot of weight. Decided now is the time to do something about it again.

I know what I need to do, as i'm an old hand at this, just here for some support when I need it, to find and share recipes and get little tips i've maybe forgotten or don't know much about :)

Started off at 222lb on Fri 20th, now at 215.4lb with little exercise, just cutting calories. I intend to start back at the gym this week, just gave my body time to get used to the dip in calories which I did feel on days 2&3 but felt great since then. I'm a freelancer so working from home means that food isn't an issue (in the sense of preparing and can schedule gym trips easily) but it does mean I tend to sit on my *kitten* a lot so the hardest bit will be the actual going to the gym which is ~ 1mile walk each way. Once I get going it's fine, it's just rebuilding the habit.

Replies

• kells812
    kells812 Posts: 8
    Options
    I lost 100 lbs 14 years ago. Now after marriage and kids, I'm right back where I was before that long journey. I know I can do it again. I just need to find time for me, keep my routine, and not worry so much. I'm one of those stress eaters.
  • hillary327
    Options
    Some how I've gained 40 lbs. I can blame the fact that I quit smoking, the death of my best friend, turning 40, but I know it was bad choices that have landed me here. Im hoping that with this app and support of others with the same goals I can loose 40 lbs and finally be happy in my own skin again. Feel free to add me. Hillary327. I need all the help I can get.
  • miminoony
    Options
    Dont worry u will loose the weight in no time all we need is determination and consistency ...i too once lost 60pounds but all came back some due to illness and most of it due to laziness ........ i also joined this app to keep my self motivated its first time im keeping track of what i eat i never did that in Past always used un healthy way to loose weight.so i hope it works for me and i know it will even in a week i feel good about my self don't know about numbers on scale haven't weighed yet .... but i feel relaxed that i m doing something nice for my self....

so no matter how long it takes Us at least we r doing some thing about it so Good Luck add me i'd luv to have all the support i can to keep my self motivated..
  • kells812
    kells812 Posts: 8
    Options
    I sent you a friend request Hillary. I know exactly how you feel about feeling wanting to be happy in your own skin. And I can relate to the stop smoking, and turning 40 too. I swore I would never let myself get heavy again and I completely let myself down. I must start caring about "me" again.
  • chandra38
    chandra38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! In my 20's, I was on the ball with my health and fitness. I got married at 28, moved across the country, started a new job, and experienced my first bout of depression all within the first year of marriage. I gained 40 pounds by our first anniversary. By the time our second child was born 3 years ago, I was up to 234. I'm now down to 191. I'm still on the road to weight loss, and have a long way to go until I'm in my 130's again! We celebrate our 11th anniversary this September and we're going on a cruise. I wanna be at least in the 160's by then!

For me, getting to the gym is half the battle. Once I get there, I'm all about getting the job done, and I enjoy it so much. :smile: