INSANITY Questions...

Options
My question is have any of you had great success w/o the nutrition guide? What about the shoes, everyone says get cross trainers, but i think maybe just using my normal workout shoes should do, and Did any of ya'll wear knee braces because I was thinking of getting some just in case?

I know I will prabably do three rounds total of Insanty, so the next two will be with the nutrition guide

Replies

• kevglu
    kevglu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me and my wife have about a week of Insanity left, neither of us bought special shoes or wore any type of braces and have been fine. The nutrition guide looked horribly bland so we tossed it, I've lost over thirty pounds and my wife about fifteen so far, we just eat what we want but watch our calories. Good luck!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Me and my wife have about a week of Insanity left, neither of us bought special shoes or wore any type of braces and have been fine. The nutrition guide looked horribly bland so we tossed it, I've lost over thirty pounds and my wife about fifteen so far, we just eat what we want but watch our calories. Good luck!

Thank you! Very helpful and answered all the questions i had
  • ines25
    ines25 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey I just started my insanity workouts and I would like to know if any of u were doing any other type of exercise I like to run I just started the insanity so the way my body don't go into plateu mode because I lost all ready 19lb but want to lose 20 more.
    Hope to hear from u guys soon thank you lol
  • Cwilbanks12105
    Cwilbanks12105 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second round of Insanity. I never follow any nutritional guides becuase it's just impossible to do that with my family lol. Also didn't buy any special shoes..actually I do my workout barefoot. I lost 33lbs the first time I did it and I've lost 5lbs so far, at the end of week 2.
  • justinamay0535
    justinamay0535 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have watched the infomercials for Insanity a million times because I want to try it really bad but Im afraid with being obese still that it will destroy my knees. Has anyone tried it that is in my same situation?
  • wish21
    Options
    I have watched the infomercials for Insanity a million times because I want to try it really bad but Im afraid with being obese still that it will destroy my knees. Has anyone tried it that is in my same situation?

Im 18 and i weigh 163-164lbs and im 5'4. I am determined to start and finish insanity. People have said that you shouldnt do it if ur overweight or not very active. Well i say forget that, I can (you can to) do anythng you want to if you just put your mind to it. I want those results so im gonna do the work for it. I may not be able to give a fit person's 100%, but I will defintely give MY 100%.

This vid might help you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDzdvYDzYMc&list=PLF7233D922CE35E55&index=14&feature=plpp_video
  • wish21
    Options
    Hey I just started my insanity workouts and I would like to know if any of u were doing any other type of exercise I like to run I just started the insanity so the way my body don't go into plateu mode because I lost all ready 19lb but want to lose 20 more.

I've watched vids were other people have done so. It will improve you results, but proabaly not nesserary since insanity gives you rockin results already
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options

I like to run 3 or 4 days a week, and I did it while I did Insanity. I would suggest doing Insanity first, then running....

As for the OP, I didn't wear shoes at all. I found it easier to do barefoot.
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I have had great results...my feet bothered me quite badly when I started wearing my running shoes. My cross trainers oddly make a huge difference. I have kinda bad knees but they didn't get too bad with Insanity. They got a little sore at one point so I just stopped running for that week or so and iced- got better. Good luck!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I workout bare foot

didn`t fallow there diet just upped my cal`s on here and stayed within MFP guide lines ( I did add a protein shake but I went with Jillian Micheals whey protein mix its MUCH cheaper and only 100 cals per scoop so works as a snack mixed into some almond breeze)
  • wish21
    Options
    I workout bare foot

didn`t fallow there diet just upped my cal`s on here and stayed within MFP guide lines ( I did add a protein shake but I went with Jillian Micheals whey protein mix its MUCH cheaper and only 100 cals per scoop so works as a snack mixed into some almond breeze)

I will have to try barefoot. Your feet doesnt hurt? I would be terrified of hurting my ankles lol.
    Jillians protein shake sounds delish!!! and i love that its cheeper
  • wish21
    Options
    bump!