Tiffany Rothe Workouts!?

Options
Anyone done them before? I am doing a few of them and I am OBSESSED!

http://www.tiffanyrotheworkouts.com/workouts/express-fitness-workouts-routines.html

Just wanted to see if anyone does/did them and your thoughts!

Replies

• heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I happened across them on youtube and I love them!
  • CatoftheCanals_
    Options
    Same here, and I am addicted to them! I've NEVER enjoyed working out like I do to hers.
  • punkrockprincess23
    punkrockprincess23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i discovered these last night and i love them. what category of exercise do they fall under though? for example i love the 10 minute booty shaking waist workout :)
  • punkrockprincess23
    punkrockprincess23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SaiLex15
    SaiLex15 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Me too! Since March 2012.. that's the only dance workout i've been doing. i had other cardio though. Tiffany's for toning too, i think.. ;)
  • Pipergirl2
    Options
    Love her, found her on you tube abt 6 mths ago. She makes it fun to workout!
  • fromfattofine
    fromfattofine Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just finished one of her videos! Love them.
  • reereejandro
    reereejandro Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Im going to try doing at least 1 video for the 10 mins with my 30DS and see how I like it. Can anyone attest to the calories they burn doing these? Please include your height and weight with your calories lost and the time frame pretty please :) I am 5'4'' and about 146lbs.
  • reereejandro
    reereejandro Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just did a 10 min booty shaking workout and it hurts so bad! It looks easy and doesn't look intense at all. Just 10 mins and I'm feeling major pains in my lower back tonight, crazy.
  • Superneche
    Superneche Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love love loveee Tiffany Rothe's workouts. I recently started back following her weekly scheduled workouts. She's the best :)
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You could put the 10 minute booty shaking waist workout under dancing maybe?

I love her workouts -this one in particular I felt it in my waist days after!!!
  • jamluckett
    jamluckett Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm currently following Tiffany's daily schedule, along with Jillian Michaels' "30-Day Shred". I agree with you all. I'm having so much fun, feel empowered, sexy, confident and that the routines are effective. I've been finding it easier to follow her weekly schedule rather than to keep doing reps of the routines. If anything, the trickiest part for me is getting my coordination together during things such as the faster leg/hip work in "Get Your Sexy Back". But I will say, it still is a blast, even when I'm gloriously failing to be graceful. ;)

Regarding logging... what I've done is created an entry for Tiffany Rothe, under "My Exercises". On Jillian Michaels' site, she says that calorie burning is relative to your height, weight, gender, etc. But the general rule is that you burn 50 calories per hour, for every 25 lbs of weight you have - provided you workout for the same intensity for that entire hour. The formula you would use is:

Example of how to calculate. If you weigh 150lb:
    (150 / 25 = 6) - this means your weight is equal to 6 groups of 25lb,
    50 additional calories x 6 = 300 calories,
    300 cal / 60 minutes = 5 calories per minute burned,
    Take the number of calories per minute and multiply by the number of minutes you want to create the default exercise for.

You could use this formula to create a custom exercise for Tiffany Rothe's workouts, in MyFitnessPal. What I've done is create one based on a 10-minute workout, since those are usually the shortest her individual videos are. When I do a complete workout regimen, I select the Tiffany Rothe Workout from "My Exercises" and put in the total time spent - MyFitnessPal will automatically calculate the number of calories, since it already 'has an idea' of what you would have burned in 10 minutes of her workouts.

For the most accurate reading for each individual, I keep seeing that people are using heart rate monitors with calorie counters. I just saw some on Amazon, but am sure they're available at many other stores, usually between $30-60 for a good one.
  • Tonia184
    Tonia184 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am currently on level 3 day 5 of the 30 day shred and I have just added the Tiffany Rothe workouts. I downloaded the free weekly schedule and intend to do 30DS in the morning and the Tiffany Rothe workouts in the evening when I am more likely not to feel like exercising. I have to say that the TR workouts are awesome and I already feel very energised and optimistic.
  • DreaMuffin
    DreaMuffin Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this!!! I've been doing Tiffany Rothe videos for a while (absolutely love them!!) and am never sure what to log them as since i don't have an HRM. this gives me a rough estimate! thanks!!
  • tennischic74
    tennischic74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    jamluckett: Your response was very helpful. I've been looking all over the internet and could not find anything that gives an idea of what the calories burned amounts to for her workouts, which I've been loving for the past couple of days. Do you think it's possible to really see results by staying within daily calorie count AND following her exercises (working my way to doing 3 sets each). I've created a playlist of the 3 that I like most so far. The ab workout is no joke but I'm trying...wooshah!