Hating My Thunder Thighs

Options
I'm to the point that addtional weight loss causes me to look skeletal from the waist up, but I've still got these massive thunder thighs. I have big somewhat muscular legs. My husband says my collar bone is sticking out too much and to quit trying to lose weight. I want to get down to 130 (about 10 lbs away). Anyone else dealing with this? Any recommendations?

Replies

• dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I would like to know the answer also. I was using the recumbent bike at the gym, but dropped my membership due to boredom.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    If it's muscle, then get used to it. You'd probably kick *kitten* at squatting.
  • Febgirl
    Febgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Could you focus on strength training your upper body to help you look more proportionate?
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I hope someone has some advice! I have BIG thighs. I have a 32 inch waist, but 24 inch thighs! grrrrr
  • healthyfoxx
    healthyfoxx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Could you focus on strength training your upper body to help you look more proportionate?

This! I am very pear shape, so I have the problem of skinny upper body and bigger lower body. Start strength training your upper body, and your arms will start to look less twig-like as your lower body sill gets smaller. :)
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    i have come to deal with the fact i have a teeny tiny upper body and a much larger lower body... it has thinned out some due to constant running, spin class, squats, lunges & deadlifts, but they are still big(ger) than i would like.