NSV-I climbed the tallest mountain in South Korea! (pics)

Options
ladybb7
ladybb7 Posts: 134 Member
A few months ago I would have never had the energy to do this!!
1950 m in height, 19.2 km, 9 hours= 403 floors and over 37,000 steps!!

I CLIMBED HALLA MOUNTAIN!

DSCN3999.jpg

DSCN4027.jpg

Replies

• everytree
    everytree Posts: 127
    Options
    WOohoo! Go you! That's amazing!
  • Angelgirl040688
    Angelgirl040688 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    that is great.. i know u must be bursting with pride over what you have done... i hope on day i can accomplish something like that...
  • buckystars
    buckystars Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thats so inspiring! Did you go for vacation or work?
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I am living near South Korea also.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    AWESOME :D
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!!
  • ladybb7
    Options
    Thats so inspiring! Did you go for vacation or work?

I've been here for 10 months working. I knew since day 1 I wanted to climb it, but knew I wasn't fit enough to do it until now. I head back to Canada in July :)
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    That's not an NSV.. I'm sorry NSV doesnt do that justice... that's a HOLY F*****ING SNOT WAY TO GO GOOD JOB HOLY COW YOU ARE AMAZING!

That's just a plan VICTORY. WOW... incredible!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    thats a great achievement! i am thinking of kilimanjaro when i get in shape! congratulations!!
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!!! how tall was it?? In June I am hiking Mt Elbert 14,511 ft!! in Colorado, I am a hiking fool lol
  • ladybb7
    Options
    that is awesome!!! how tall was it?? In June I am hiking Mt Elbert 14,511 ft!! in Colorado, I am a hiking fool lol

It was 1950 meters (I think that converts to around 6,400 feet) This is my first mountain, would love to do some more now :)
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Very cool!!
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    That's not an NSV.. I'm sorry NSV doesnt do that justice... that's a HOLY F*****ING SNOT WAY TO GO GOOD JOB HOLY COW YOU ARE AMAZING!

That's just a plan VICTORY. WOW... incredible!

This! :()
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I had some good times in Korea, but don't remember climbing a mountain. What I remember most is visiting a steel mill in Korea. It was an unbelievable rush! Go with your husband, if you get a chance, and I'm betting you'll have a great time afterward. It's very stimulating.

I'd love to go back to Korea for a visit. I especially miss the Yaki Mandu from my favorite street vendor in Osan. There were a lot of good things to see and do in Korea.

Sounds like you found a great, fun way to burn calories! Enjoy your adventures.
  • tiggerzshorty
    Options
    Congratulations! What an accomplishment!
  • ladybb7
    Options
    Congratulations! I had some good times in Korea, but don't remember climbing a mountain. What I remember most is visiting a steel mill in Korea. It was an unbelievable rush! Go with your husband, if you get a chance, and I'm betting you'll have a great time afterward. It's very stimulating.

I'd love to go back to Korea for a visit. I especially miss the Yaki Mandu from my favorite street vendor in Osan. There were a lot of good things to see and do in Korea.

Sounds like you found a great, fun way to burn calories! Enjoy your adventures.

Did you visit Jeju Island?? That's where I live and where Halla Mountain is... Where are the steel mills? I've been to Busan, and will visit Seoul next month.
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah girl !!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!