Anybody with fibromyalgia?

Options
Anybody else out there with FM and feed up with trying to loose weight? I'm really starting to think that i'm gonna be stuck in this fat/painful body for the rest of my life and i'm not happy about that. Matter of fact, today is a bad day. Please tell me i'm not alone. :cry:

Replies

• raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You are not alone.

However, eating a clean diet (no processed foods), plenty of essential fatty acids (think hemp, flax, chia, and raw nuts and seeds), and careful exercise has helped me lose some weight, and gain some mobility.

Getting rest is crucial. Do Not shortchange your body on rest. Work out like crazy three times a week, and REST four.
  • ShannonD13
    ShannonD13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the FM. My mom has it and she has good and bad days. You are not alone! Having a good team of doctors has really helped her. Hang in there!!
  • KathyVic
    KathyVic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have struggled for years but have found if I eat off the land - no processed foods - and keep my intake at 1000 cals each day, I can lose weight My mobility is also some better but not running any races. Hang with it - best of luck to you!
  • MariaM7786
    Options
    You are not alone!! Watching what I eat, and exercising 30 mins a day have helped me lose 20 pounds. I feel so much better with just that off me. I still have days where I have to really motivate myself, and I work through the pain, just not as hard as the days when I am feeling good. You can always take a nap after =D

Make sure you take your vitamins, D, C and B complex .

((hugs)) I know there are days when I need some hugs too!!