Taking the Plunge...

Options
It's my first ever Topic on a Message Board!! I've been using MFP for 20 days now. I'm feeling really motivated to watch my calories (although bored/emotional eating is a HUGE weakness) and get up and MOVE. So far for exercise I've been walking/jogging, using the elliptical, and I just started 30DS.

In the past, 3-6 weeks is my average for sticking to any sort of "lifestyle change". I'm going to need to stick with this much longer than that if I hope to reach my weight loss goal of 72 lbs (yikes! May I NEVER have to lose that many again!!).

I'm 5'4", 28 years old, and a Washington State native who is currently residing in Texas. I think having friends on here will be one major motivator in sticking this out for the long haul! Please feel free to add me!

Happiness and Health to all! =)

Replies

• ednaemerson
    ednaemerson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Please add me to your friend list. I have lost 28 lbs on my own and have been trying to lose another 20-25 lbs. I could use any help and advice from you. Edna
  • xostephanie21ox
    Options
    Welcome!! I am also trying to get more involved with the message boards and staying on top of my tracking and working out. I'm hoping to not only lose 30 lbs, but to also adopt a healthy lifestyle change.
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    It's my first ever Topic on a Message Board!! I've been using MFP for 20 days now. I'm feeling really motivated to watch my calories (although bored/emotional eating is a HUGE weakness) and get up and MOVE. So far for exercise I've been walking/jogging, using the elliptical, and I just started 30DS.

In the past, 3-6 weeks is my average for sticking to any sort of "lifestyle change". I'm going to need to stick with this much longer than that if I hope to reach my weight loss goal of 72 lbs (yikes! May I NEVER have to lose that many again!!).

I'm 5'4", 28 years old, and a Washington State native who is currently residing in Texas. I think having friends on here will be one major motivator in sticking this out for the long haul! Please feel free to add me!

Happiness and Health to all! =)

Welcome to the forums...wtg for taking the plunge...you can do this just take it one day at a time...add me if you'd like
  • charityrose08
    Options
    hi I know the feeling I'm 5'4 and want to lose 47 pounds u can add me for support
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You can do this. My advice is to read the posts in this group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/457-unofficial-mfp-faq

It doesn't have to be complicated. Calories in vs calories out will help you lose weight and exercise will strengthen your body and make you healthier.

Now go get it. :)
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been with the program for about 2 wks and love it. Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me. I need a good support system as well!!!