You only need to lose 20 lbs-NOT 40..uhhh, say WHAT?!?

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
This morning, my beloved handsome face hubby told me...

"you were looking GOOD morning that lawn yesterday...I think you only need to lose 20 pounds NOT 40 pounds--I want you to look shapely and womanly, not skinny--I'm really liking how you're looking and feeling these days:smooched: "

Say what?!!!???? ???? ????:love:

Man! That is so encouraging to me, so ENCOURAGING AND UPLIFTING TO/FOR ME----:bigsmile:

I thanked him profusely, and he doesn't get why that is such fabulous news to me:laugh:

Of course I told him that a forty pound lost for me probably won't cause me to look skinny--but still, by him saying that his opinion is I should only lose 20 pounds is like a HUGE albatross weight from off of my shoulders for some odd reason. I was so NOT expecting him to say anything like that to me at all. Though the scale has been my BEST FRIEND for the first 2 1/2 months--then it/my weight stalled, then reverted (I actually upped my calorie intake by eating all my exercise cals and gained 5 pounds or so), now it's moving back DOWN slowly again (I lowered my upped cals back to 1200 from 1456)--yet, the inches have consistently been falling off of me and I am getting more shapely (uhhh YAY). I'm still aiming for 40 more pounds, but mentally now I'll aim for 20 and the thought of kicking 20 pounds back to the place of fat and ugly darkness somehow makes this journey more exciting and not so UGHish to me... YAY--big ole NSV for me today.

I love my boyfriend-ish hubby!:smooched:

Replies

• striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That's adorable! Definitely uplifting to know he has your support. I think it's cute he wants you to have your curves.

If it helps any, we started at approx. the same weight and I'm a little less than what your goal weight is right now. Obviously body shapes differ but as you can see I still have lovely lady lumps lol.
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    aww :)
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    bless. its lovely he noticed and wanted to tell you. im sure u will only b closer by the end of it ;)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    So sweet!
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    So sweet...AND it means you are soooo close to halfway! :drinker:
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That is awesome that he compliments you! It's great to have a good man to support you! :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls!:flowerforyou:

Like everything else in my life and our family...he makes this journey and my life so much better/easier. He's a real sweetheart and we're so totally opposite of each other in just about every way...and I thank God for my "boyfriend" everyday.:smooched:
  • hml86
    hml86 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    How sweet is that!! So good that he noticed and commented on it!! Not many men pay attention to it nor comment on it! Lol Keep up the good work obviously it's paying off!! CONGRATS!!
  • JenSimmons11
    Options
    That's awesome! That's what I hear too that men like the curves and that they really love, more than anything, the confidence in a woman. :):happy: Must give you more motivation to feel your best.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!