Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Terrified to leave?

So, I'm graduating high school this year, and I;m planning to move 8-12 hours away from my current city from school, and it is absolutely terrifying, since my best friend will still be in high school, and my exbf, who is my other best friend, just signed for his apartment next year, today, about 2-4 hours from where I'll be.. I'm completely freaking out, anyone with some advice/stories? :/

Replies

• MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    You're going away to college, it'll be fun. You'll meet new people and have a bunch of fun, college experiences. Most people would kill to be 18 and in your shoes.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    I moved to the other side of the country when I was 18 and haven't looked back. Your life is just beginning :smile:
  • My best friend signed for his apartment today, like its official, and he's been out of town for 5 days and he's like homesick.. and I'm home it all of my friends except him and I want him to come back.. haha I'm such a baby
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,079 Member
    im moving 12 hrs away from everyone and everythng i know in about4 weeks >.< im pretty terrified too!!!!
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 797 Member
    Not sure what college you're going to but my dorms had us doing activities and such fairly often to meet each other. I'd also check out what clubs/activities there are, join several and you will never feel lonely.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    ENJOY it.
    learn new things, make new friends.

One of the biggest regrets of my life is that I didn't leave home before getting married.................and stayed in the same town most of my life. Now that I'm OLD and single, I'm traveling more and seeing the country - but you need to step out of your fear zone, and LIVE!

Much success to you :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • I moved out of state and the only hard time I had was being away from my parents. heck I still miss my family since now they are even farther away from me cause they moved. But experience life you will meet friends and just keep in touch and set up days you can visit.. it is just the nerves of all the what if's that pop in your mind. just have to stay strong.
  • Be scared and sad to leave, but don't let it stop you from going. You are taking a big step into being an adult and while its scary, its really cool too if you let it be.
    I cried like a baby when I left home at 34 to move across country and get married, but I love it now! :)
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Its scary. You take it one day at a time. It is going to go by quickly. Enjoy it. Study hard, but make sure you have a lot of fun. "It was college!" is the excuse you get to use for the rest of your life, so get out there and live it up.
  • Julielynn83
    Julielynn83 Posts: 162 Member
    How exciting!!! I moved to North Carolina when I was younger! Even though I came back to Ohio I love that I was able to live somewhere else! I think you learn alot about yourself when you move away!!! Good luck and have fun!
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    All three of my kids moved off to different colleges. Each one of them could not be happier. You will do fine, just be sure to get involved in other activities outside of classes. When you meet new people and they want to hang out don't turn them down just because they're not your "best friends". Take advantage of meeting new people, seeing new things and new experiences. I wish you all the best.