Calorie Question?!

Options
I was wondering, when you dont eat all of your calories for a few days, do you guys take those extra calories and add them up at the end of the week and use them up? Or no?

Replies

• fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    no
  • tstorr
    tstorr Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    no
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Not as a general habit, but sometimes I will keep the weekly average in mind. Your body does not work on strict 24 hour cycles when it comes to calories.
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    no
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    No. I don't think rollover calories exist.
  • sinman22807
    sinman22807 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yea i was just wondering because there has been days this week that i had 100 to 300 left over, and today i went a little over... So i didnt know if it would harm me? Im usually under my goal, and i burn off around 400 to 600 calories a day.....
    Not as a general habit, but sometimes I will keep the weekly average in mind. Your body does not work on strict 24 hour cycles when it comes to calories.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Yea i was just wondering because there has been days this week that i had 100 to 300 left over, and today i went a little over... So i didnt know if it would harm me? Im usually under my goal, and i burn off around 400 to 600 calories a day.....

I wouldn't worry about it much in that case. It won't cause any harm.
  • sinman22807
    sinman22807 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

I wouldn't worry about it much in that case. It won't cause any harm.

Ok thanks! I am just getting back into the whole workout and counting calories since i have had my 8 week old.. So I am trying to not go over at all...
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    personally, i do.. i pay the most attention to my weekly net and if i have 100 left from monday, and 5 from tuesday and 50 left from friday ill eat 155 extra on sunday. its kinda of like a cheat day or something similar but i dont go over my weekly net goal
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I pay attention to my weekly net.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    if i was under all week and i go over then i definitely cut myself some slack! at the end of the day its adding 3500 extra calories to your tdee thats going to make you gain a pound, so i wouldn't worry at all :)
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    no
  • aksunshine
    aksunshine Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yes! I don't necessarily do this on purpose. But if I go over one day, I do try and keep a little under a day and always do my best to keep my weekly count in the green. So far, so good. I've been losing consistently. So a day out to dinner isn't as bad as what I think if I average it in my weekly count.
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I don't use them up, I just keep them in mind if I think I WILL go over 'today.' I don't actually count the weeks worth and say 'woo..an extra 1000 to use, lets pig out.'

Same if I go over a bit all week and don't 'feel hungry' on the weekend. I might have a lean day.
  • shady1987dre
    shady1987dre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    no
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    No. I don't think rollover calories exist.

Well, they do exist. Your body doesn't "reset" after 24 hours or keep track of exactly when you give it energy and use it differently. I understand that may not be what you meant.
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    personally, i do.. i pay the most attention to my weekly net and if i have 100 left from monday, and 5 from tuesday and 50 left from friday ill eat 155 extra on sunday. its kinda of like a cheat day or something similar but i dont go over my weekly net goal

This is smart why save them and why not try and see if it works for you, your still at a deficit for the week!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Do it if you want. I know a few people who only take into account their weekly deficit.
  • CaseyCrafter
    Options
    no
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    If I eat too little one day, I don't necessarily TRY to make it up the next day, but I won't beat myself up for going over if that's the case... I lost weight this week trying to maintain, so I treated myself to some fast food because well... I'm trying to maintain, not lose anymore weight. lol. :P