Diet Soda cupcakes/cake

Options
Tonnina
Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
So I know you can make cakes or cupcakes with diet soda and they turn out very nicely. I love mine. My question is, can you make cakes/cupcakes with regular soda too? My husband doesn't like diet soda but is curious about the soda/cake mix concoction. If it is possible to make cakes with regular soda, I'd love to know!

(PS! Diet root beer and vanilla cake tastes like a root beer dumdum and diet ginger ale and yellow cake tastes like yellow cake :-D Cheers!!)

Replies

• Tonnina
    Options
    Anyone?
  • willis84
    willis84 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Can get the recipe? Sounds yummy! And a good way to use up my diet soda since I 860'd soda now
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Hmm you would think so. Just need the carbonation right?

You can do it with punkin i think too
  • lidybug1984
    lidybug1984 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I tried diet soda+cake mix in a muffin tin... that was pretty good. Recently tried diet soda+low fat brownie mix in a muffin tin. That one tasted great but it didn't do well in the muffin tin... Might be better in a normal pan.
  • luckyambition
    Options
    I don't drink soda, so I might be out of the loop, but I don't think diet soda cake tastes anything like diet soda. I'm sure you could add regular soda, but it negates the "healthiness" of soda cakes.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Soda is so bad for you, why wouldn't you just make regular cake?

For that matter, diet soda is no prize, either. I wonder if you wouldn't be better off just eating the regular cupcake and adjusting to make room for it in your diet, or add extra exercise, rather than eat what is essentially pretend food.
  • Aquaduckie
    Aquaduckie Posts: 115
    Options
    I haven't tried the diet soda cakes... but I did just make chocolate cupcakes with pumpkin instead of all the other ingredients. My recipe made 20 cupcakes at about 132 calories each. I added a few chocolate chips, too. But you could leave them out for fewer calories per cupcake/muffin.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin is seriously like a magical food.
  • Tonnina
    Options
    Hmm you would think so. Just need the carbonation right?

You can do it with punkin i think too

Thank you! Unlike some people who just came to SHUN me for using diet soda (Like I haven't heard that before) you actually offered an answer to my question! I may just give it a go and make him some chocolate cola cupcakes. Or brownies... He loves brownies!!