Gluten Free Stress-Out Foods?

Options
Sooo... you've had a bad day at work, no, make that a horrible day at work. You come home and all you want to do is dig into the mountain of left over chocolate from Easter, cover it in the full fat peanut butter and down it all with a pint or two of beer.

But... you won't, because you haven't put in all this effort so far to fall over now.

You also suffer from Coeliac Disease, and have only recently been diagnosed, so the beer is definitely out of the question, sooo.... what do you eat when you're stressing out and you want to stick to your healthy diet but you're craving something sweet/salty/fatty/bad, AND you can't eat gluten... any suggestions?

:)

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    100 cal popcorn package and a tapioca pudding chaser
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Philly Swirl sweet desserts

http://www.phillyswirl.com/products.html
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Nachos. Goobers (choc-covered peanuts). Popcorn.

And, there *are* GF beers that are decent!

Better yet, go for a walk/run/bike ride.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Popcorn for salty cravings and greek yoghurt and fruit for sweet cravings :). If i want to splurge and have something beer like I have a Woodchuck Hard Apple Cider.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Melt a little oil in a deep pan that has a lid and stir a tablespoon of sugar into it. Add popcorn kernels and cover. Shake until it's done popping and drizzle a little butter over it, toss with salt. No gluten. Sweet, salty, a little fat and you control how much you make and the amount of butter you put on. When necessary you can even drizzle a bit of dark chocolate on it.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I make a loaf of my gluten free savory bread and slather on a pat of butter...mmmmmmm
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Pop Chips.
  • rhi_hope
    rhi_hope Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!! I do appreciate it. :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    kale chips....
    strawberries with choco spread
    hot cocoa with almond milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, protein powder a little honey or agave
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    - grapes/strawberries
    - dark chocolate chips
    - pancakes in the freezer
    - spicy baked peas/garbanzo beans/nuts
    - homemade pudding
    - peanut butter cookies
  • soozm
    soozm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Estrella gluten free lager and a birds eye potato waffles with a tin of heinz beans and sausages - proper kiddy comfort food and all gluten free.