How To Cut Calories and Avoid Bingeing on the Neighbor's Cat

Many of you have seen those calorie charts that give you a specific calorie amount for your target weight. I'm gonna show you a way to create the deficit you need to lose body fat, while keeping the primal instincts locked down. Not that I do that myself, I personally LOVE eating the way every other animal does. But I also practice the fasting that those animals aren't likely to avoid. Okay... Let's say you're a man weighing 275lbs, and want to be a healthy lean 200lbs. No small feat, but entirely doable. The problem arises from a couple of different variables. One is that to maintain a 275lb body weight, you need to be eating some serious grub. Sometimes I wonder how these people afford all the food it takes to stay so fat!! The chart I have in front of me says that to reach a goal weight of 200lbs, eat 2,144 calories daily. Coming down from 4,000 or 5,000 calories a day, you're gonna feel that!! The good thing is that the more you weigh the faster your metabolism, so you're pretty lucky in the beginning. As you get lighter and metabolism slows down, weight loss plateaus are inevitable as your prior deficit becomes your new maintenance. Here's a trick. In order to get to 200lbs, I have to hit 265 first. My chart says that if my goal weight is 265lbs, then eat 2,840 calories until you reach the goal weight!! 2,840 calories is a whole lot more satisfying that 2,144 when you're that heavy, with all kinds of leptin and insulin resistance issues. When you get to 265lbs, your new goal weight is 255lbs. I bring the calories down to 2,735 until I reach 255lbs. So on and so on. What you're doing is tapering the calories as your weight comes down to stave off any relapse. Appetite, like sex drive, is there for a reason... If you don't respond to it... it will respond to you!! Work with it, if you want your efforts to be fruitful. If you drop your calories right down to rock bottom, where do you go from there once your pituitary puts the brakes on? You're already at the bottom calorie level. What, aerobics? Ha! Good luck trying to recover from your strength training with all the cortisol floating around. Try this, and let me know how you feel with it. I personally use this exact method to get to about 10% body fat from whatever weight I'm starting at. Getting to single digit body fat levels takes a little different strategy, but is not as difficult as some make it out to be. Get to your ideal weight first (shoot for 10-12% BF if you're a man). You can even do this in 5lb increments, but keep in mind that fat loss will take longer. Good luck!!

Replies

• ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Many of you have seen those calorie charts that give you a specific calorie amount for your target weight. I'm gonna show you a way to create the deficit you need to lose body fat, while keeping the primal instincts locked down. Not that I do that myself, I personally LOVE eating the way every other animal does. But I also practice the fasting that those animals aren't likely to avoid. Okay... Let's say you're a j how you feel with it. I personally use this exact method to get to about 10% body fat from whatever weight I'm starting at. Getting to single digit body fat levels takes a little different strategy, but is not as difficult as some make it out to be. Get to your ideal weight first (shoot for 10-12% BF if you're a man). You can even do this in 5lb increments, but keep in mind that fat loss will take longer. Good luck!!

" Not that I do that myself, I personally LOVE eating the way every other animal does" you eat cats? :cry:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    I've cut calories far too low as to be healthy for me before, but I've still never been tempted to eat the neighbor's cat... :glasses:
  • Deathangl13
    Deathangl13 Posts: 38 Member
    I've cut calories far too low as to be healthy for me before, but I've still never been tempted to eat the neighbor's cat... :glasses:

You've obviously never been through BUD/S training.
  • This place gets weird in the middle of the night. I'm gonna go cuddle my kitties now.
  • Deathangl13
    Deathangl13 Posts: 38 Member
    " Not that I do that myself, I personally LOVE eating the way every other animal does" you eat cats? :cry:

Haha! You goofball!! I love bingeing LIKE an animal. Ever see how lions or wolves eat? They gorge themselves until the entire meal is gone. No different than us, except they don't have an unlimited food supply like we do.
  • TrishaB74
    TrishaB74 Posts: 40 Member
    This actually sounds like a very good idea. Taking it off slowly is far more safe for your body as it adjusts to fewer calories. With lasting results. Not to mention, the smaller goals your setting puts you in the right mind frame. I mean we all love reaching our goals, right!?! Why not have more small goals to reach. What a great feeling that would be, and perhaps addicting! Best wishes in your journey!
  • LOL...I love the tapering calories:)

I actually cut it in half and split the difference between my ultimate goal and my current goal..

My cats and my neighbors are still alive btw;p
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member

Haha! You goofball!! I love bingeing LIKE an animal. Ever see how lions or wolves eat? They gorge themselves until the entire meal is gone. No different than us, except they don't have an unlimited food supply like we do.

Phew okay then :)
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Please, binge on the neighbor's cat. That will stop it pooping in my vegetable garden.