tips, before/after pics for baby pouch/flab/loose skin??

Options
Hi I'm 6lb away from my target (which will be nearly 2 stone less than I was right before I got pregnant) and I had thoguht that if I got down to that weight the baby pouch would get smaller but it hasn't! I'm a size 10(uk) and 5"11 so I'm not sure if I need to lose anymore drastic weight, but I don't know what excercises I can do to get rid of the excess flab/skin/pouch. I wouldn't even mind if it was just a solid bump and not flat, but at the moment its just a hanging bit of flab! I can tell it's not all skin as it's too thick but if I bend over the flab hangs as well as the skin as if its detatched from the rest of me and I've got a bag or jelly or something hanging off my body! (its really hard to describe sorry! but it doesnt look nice, it makes my stomache look all deformed and weird!) its quite upsetting as I'm going on holiday in 4 weeks and I can't wear bikinis anymore like I used to, I can just about get away with wearing a tummy control all in one. It would be really good if I could get rid of it and wear a bikini as I'm only 26 and my son is 16 month so I don't want to give up hope forever! I wondered if anyone else had this problem and if so how did you get rid of it? pics would be really good too just to give me hope!

thanks! :)

Replies

• Steph7x
    Steph7x Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I will be waiting for a reply aswell..im 21 with a just turned 2 year old and do not want to think my body is like this..forever :( and that there is hope x
  • ASMartin3
    ASMartin3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My youngest is 4 years old and I still have the extra skin. It gets smaller but never goes away for me no matter how hard I work.:sad:
  • torri106
    torri106 Posts: 17
    Options
    i have a 4yo and 9 month old twins..both c-sections. im 10lbs below prepreggo weight. im pretty sure the only way to fix it will be a tummy tuck..but im still trying. ive read threads on here that heavy lifting has helped some. im starting turbofire next week and have seen pretty great results with that. fingers crossed!
  • StGerm
    StGerm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My wife has put up with me and mothered 3 children. She's almost 40 and has tried to get rid of the baby pooch for years. I say don't worry too much about it. Be healthy and enjoy life. It's part of being a mother and as such one of the most beautiful things in the world.

Congratulations on the birth of your son.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I've never been pregnant, but my stomach is my main problem area, so even at my lightest (130lbs, 5'8) I still had a little bit of a belly.

Are you strength training? That helps tons when firming up and can really change how you look. It's helped me, and I've seen lots of women on here who have had kids and who lift heavy, have managed to loose that bit of stomach and look great! I'm not saying everyone can, I've also seen some who no matter how hard they work, it's still there a little bit, so don't feel disheartened if it won't completely go, but it's worth a try, right?
  • mjanemorgan
    mjanemorgan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies, having started doing sit-ups and reverse crunches, hopefully they will work :)
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    Lift Heavy.
  • vivmurray
    vivmurray Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i need help with this too! im in ireland and have a 4 month old baby and my stomach is sickening and depressing! im 3 kg down from prepregnancy weight but its not going anywhere! it just sits over my trousers like a constant spare tyre! :mad:
  • mommymeg26
    Options
    I had a friend once tell me to wear a gurdal. But I bate wearing them because they hurt my rips. I have a short torso. She said that it will help to get the skin to tighten up. Maybe it will work for you.
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I will suggest you stop with the crunches and replace them with different plank exercises. They are much more effective for working your whole core. I think i would stop the sit ups too. Just do plank poses. I still have a belly and probably always will, it's just genetics for some of us. But doing these exercises as opposed to the crunches and situps will really strengthen your whole core. I hope it gets better for you.
  • blinkinglight
    Options
    I lost my belly after #1 by doing CrossFit. I'm doing that now to lose the flab from #2. It's going away, but it seems much slower this time around! You can see my post baby #1 pics here: http://taviaredburn.blogspot.com/2010/07/crossfit-day-60.html?m=0

It can be done, just keep at it! :)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My skin still hangs when I am in plank position, or bent over. Standing up, it looks fine. It takes time for the skin to tighten up, can take over a year. It will depends on your genetics and your skin elasticity. Make sure you drink enough water. And weight train to tighten the muscles, so it supports the loose skin.
  • LRA11
    LRA11 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same thing. After my first baby, it was decent enough for me to wear a bikini and not have too much excess skin but the second baby wasn't as forgiving. Do lots of strength training and of course you have to watch your diet. You can also get really cute monokini's that are just as nice as a bikini's in my opinion.
  • russ1220
    russ1220 Posts: 58
    Options
    Well, glad to see i'm not alone. #3 son will soon be 3 and my gut is it's own person. My mother inlaw who is now visiting says I look preg. I really haven't tried anything so I can't offer any advise but any given will be taken with a strive.

I wish the best to all and hopefully we can at least be comfortable with our bodies one day. Even if there is never a flat belly.
  • bluemoon_mama
    Options
    i have a 5 and 2 year old and i have the same problem, i have trimed mine down some by doing leg lifts lay on your back proping your self up with your elbows keep your back and lrgs straight and point your toes feet together lift them about 2 to 3 inches off the floor cout to 15 and lower aand repeat when u get comfertable with this add a few heal taps open ur feet toes pointed about a ffoot or so and tap your heals together this realy works wonders.