how to lose abt 10kg in 6 weeks??

Options
hello! My friend is trying desperately trying to lose 10kg - 15kg for a wedding in may/june. Shes eating 900 cals a day and using a cross trainer. But she says not much is happening. Can anyone suggest how she can lose the weight quickly? Its only for 6 weeks so she'll try anything! Shes abt 73kg and abt 5'8.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    It's not going to happen. Short of cutting a limb off. (well she did say anything)

She's going to end up ill and she won't lose the weight she wants. She won't get to the goal she wants in that time frame (and should have started a long time ago. i.e. When she received the invitation)
  • Allwaysonadiet
    Options
    I have a friend who Is following "the harcombe diet" . It's lots of healthy eating and no sugar or caffieine in phase 1... But she is getting very quick and amazing results!
    If you read the book, she makes sense in what she says... But, the reality is that our palates are so used to processed foods and things we think are healthy, that it is actually VERY tough to sustain this type of eating plan, unless you are on a mission and are prepared to make it a way of life.
    If your friend does do the diet, she'd have to stay in "phase 1" until the wedding.
    Good luck. Hope this helps.
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hi there, well not been nasty your friend is silly in thinking she can lose it that quick and if she did then the chance of it staying off is slim but will put it on faster and more so please take care and do as your doctor's advise so good luck
  • Jim_Hancock
    Jim_Hancock Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Health wise I don't think its a good idea. Healthy weight loss I believe is between 1-2 lbs / week which is less than 1 kg. For her to try and kill 10kgs or 22 lbs in that time period won't be good for her.
  • nicoletherese14
    Options
    It's dangerous to cut down so far and fast in such a short time, but a wedding is very important to most people. If she's going to do it she'd need a combo of cardio and resistance training to really burn the big calories, and focus on clean eating - no sugar, caffeine, saturated fats - go raw veges, fruit, and lots of good protein - whey protein shakes and low sugar protein bars can help fill you up. But she should still be eating at least 1000 calories a day, just making sure they come from protein and nutrient rich foods - not empty calories. To eat less than that is unhealthy and she's better of being slightly curvier and glowing with health than skinny, spotty and unattractive from starving herself :happy:
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    she could do something like 30 day shred. ok its not going to lose her anywhere near as much weight as she wants in 6 weeks but with healthy eating plus this she could lose a chunk of it plus some inches
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    What everyone said. That's closer to a 6 month goal than a 6 week goal.

However, if she eats right - a NORMAL amount, not too little - and gets regular exercise including strength training, she could lose a lot of inches and LOOK like she lost a lot more pounds than she did. Then get a fabulous dress that flatters every inch of her body.

It's not as if they're going to make her get on a scale at the wedding. I'm sure she'd rather lose 3 or 4 kg and look fabulous than try to lose more and end up feeling burned out and quitting long before the wedding. And losing weight the right way, she'll look glowing and radiant. Losing weight fast, she'll look drawn, gaunt and tired.

Check this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/578914-losing-inches-not-pounds-pic-thread
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I would suggest the thirty day shred and walking fast for about an hour. 2 hours if she has to take a break from 30DS. She may not lose the lbs she wants but the 30DS will help pull in some of those wobbly bits. Walking helps with stress and fat burning.

She could do it everyday and her entourage could be with her taking down wedding notes and todo lists. :bigsmile: She should be eating fresh fruits and veggies, chicken breast, no sugar, no white carbs.