Running Tips

Options
I've been trying to start running again, but have been lazy, and now when I run the area under my knees hurt. Any tips on how to keep that from happening? I use to be able to run a mile in 7.49, but haven't done it in a few months. Any running tips about anything would be greatly appreciated. :)

Replies

• estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    This is what works for me: start slow (start with a miles or so), really good shoes, and stretch.
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    1 - go to a running store and get fitted for a good running shoe

2 - start out slower and work up

3 - stretch really well after

4 - ice

5 - my left knee bothers me. For me, a knee strap helps stabilizes me knee and IT band which has made a big difference
  • jessiewise827
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • amazingmelissa
    Options
    I wasn't much of a runner. But I run every monday for at least 20 minutes. And I realized that if you don't want to get tired or out of breath easily. Is you stretch before you started to run. Make sure you had enough water. And it's okay to take a minute walk in between. Like after five minutes of running or so do a minute walk then continue. The best way is to not look at your feet or even think. Try to let your mind just flow. I always look up at the ceiling or sky when I'm running because I won't be tempted to look down. Also run at your own pace don't feel like you should run faster than needed. And make sure you let your hands open and not into a fist. Try to breath through your nose also. After running drink lots of water and stretch.
  • jessiewise827
    Options
    Thank you so much! That really helped a lot!